Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ericescrib

Takeoff Procedure's Question

Guest Ericescrib

Hello,I am a long time 767 owner, but I am new to FS2Crew.First of all, I have to say I LOVE this prodcut and will recommend it to everyone I know. My Question is:When taking off, do I have to let the FO set the throttles to 60% N1, or can I do it and he will call out stabalized? Thanks!Eric E.

Hello Eric,Sorry for the slight delay.You could try to manually set the throttles to 60%, but the FO is going to try to do it at the same time. So you might get some throttle weirdness there. You'll just have to try it and see what happens.However, if you want to manually set the throttles to 60%, you'll need to select the option that allows the FO to be the Pilot Flying during takeoff... but then the FO will do the whole takeoff.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Ericescrib

Thanks you for your reply!But, is this the norml procedures for a 767? I have looked at videos on Youtube and the PIC is the one that sets the throttles to 60%. Thanks,Eric E.

Hi Eric,FS2Crew 767 models SOPs that come from a British 767 operator.So what you're seeing is the way they do it at one specific airline.Other airlines may very well have their own company specific way of doing things.As I like to say: There are a million ways to skin a cat.Cheers,Bryan