Sign in to follow this  
Guest ESA1178

SIDS

Guest ESA1178

Sorry if this has already been answered.When going to the brief, there are default SID's.Is there a way to load the SID for your current flight?FDX117http://www.fedexvac.com/Mark Harris

Hello Mark,I'm not sure I quite follow the question, but you mean load the SID from the FMS and have that read back in the brief?If so, that's not possible.There are pre-recorded briefs available for select cities that are detailed. Are you not able to access them?Cheers,Bryan

Guest ESA1178

Well, you know when you go to the 1st brief? There are various preset SID announcements? AMS, SFO etc? Well, that's what I meant. So its really for the 'realism' and there is not practical purpose for the readbacks?Thanks!FDX117Mark Harris

Hi Mark,I'm sorry, I still don't quite follow the question.The way the briefs work is that we record select briefs... generally ones from the major world airports.It's not possible to record every single possible SID/STAR/IAP chart in the world as there are thousands and thousands of them, and you'd need a new hard drive to hold all the brief recordings since they'd be huge.That's why we also include some 'generic briefs' to cover those instances when a full brief is not available.I hope that's what you were looking for.Cheers,Bryan