Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Is FS2 integrated with FSX PMDG?

I recall that in FS9 you were unable to completely integrate FSC and that you would see the panels pop up and that you had to manually move from one step to another with the "main and secondary" buttons.Is this true with this version as well and will FSC sort of flow on its own?I tried to find the manual for d/l or an FAQ.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mower,We still have to use the mini-panels to integrate the FO into the simulation as there is no SDK from PMDG. Without the mini-panels, the FO would not be able to do anything.However, an improvement over the FS9 version is that the mini-panels can be used all the time for the FO mouse clicks, whereas in the FS9 version the original (big) panel for the overhead would need to be used for certain switches.That in itself is a big improvement, and was made possible by changes PMDG made to the 747 in FSX.We still use the Main and Secondary buttons, but we're now using DirectX (DirectInput) so you have more options over how you want to control the Main/Secondary buttons.Flow on its own: If you mean do more things happen automatically versus the FS9 version, the answer is no.If I understand you correctly, having things trigger automatically is extremely dicey as you can have undesired events getting triggered at an undesired time.Hope that helps,Bryan