Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilisvd

Issues with fs2crew for pmdg 744x

Guest nilisvd

Hi bryan,I just love your product. However I have several issues. I have flown the tutorial three times now (followed it word by word) and in all cases the following things happen:1) As already mentioned by others the engines are not started correctly. After loading the fs2crew panel state, the full control switches are at cutoff and the engine start switches are in. As soon as 'ES' is armed and the ground crew approves the start I press the main button to command the start of engines 3 and 4. The FO then pulls all four engine start switches and sets all fuel control switches to run. A second later start switches and fuel control switches 3 and 4 are switched to off again. When the FO says 'let me know when you are ready to start 1 &2' I press the main button again. This time engines 1 &2 are shutdown (i.e. fuel control switches are set to cutoff). 2) After four good starts the FO switches the apu off. However the only thing the FO does is disconnect the apu from the busses. The apu is not switched off.3) After take-off the manual states that by pressing the main button the FO will switch on the auto-pilot. However the first press after take-off (i.e. the first press of the main button after the captain announces 'all set here we go') commands a flap retraction.The issues mentioned above occur in both the vc as the 2d cockpit.Some other questions:- In the manual you refer to the full captain pre-flight procedure located at the end of the manual. However it is not there.... Only the checklists are mentioned at the end of the manual.-In the product description it is stated that the product comes with an 'international pushback/start crew'. Is this handled automatically or do I have to set the region? Because on the first screenshot on the product page it can be seen that the flight planning tab contains an 'accent region' field. In my flight planning tab this field is not there.- I read in the manual for of the f2crew for the default 747 that when the nav button is pressed the captain announces 'LNAV'. Why is this not the case for 'LNAV' and 'VNAV' in the pmdg version??So this are several questions I hope you can find some time to answer them. Thank you in advance!Nielsps. I bought the fs2crew for pmdg 744x via the pmdg webshop.

Hello Niels,Glad to hear you love the product :-)Your issues:Engine Start.Please watch the movie:http://66.135.39.111/fs2crew/FS2Crew747Video1.zipEnsure on the Flight Planning page that Engine Start is set to: "Autostart".Also, instead of trying to use joystick buttons, try using the keyboard.It's a guess because I can't reproduce this, but your joystick might be sending multiple button presses when you press the button once, resulting in things getting messed up. So try using the keyboard.APU: Not sure. Does that happen to anyone else?What resolution are you running in? Are you using a widescreen monitor or anything? Autopilot at takeoff: Try using the "Red" Button at plus 1000 feet. That may be a typo in the manual.Start Crew - Language region is automatically selected based on your Lat/Long coordinates.LNAV - I can't read the position of the LNAV button in the PMDG (whereas in the default 747 I can read the NAV button).-Bryan

Guest nilisvd

Thanx for the response.I tried using the keyboard buttons and this time the engine start went ok!! Also the APU is set to off now. Regarding the autopilot issue, indeed a typo in the manual. The red button commanded the fo to switch on the autopilot.It is still not clear why the captain's preflight checklist is missing from the manual.One final question on calling out the mcp modes. I saw this movie on simtube (http://www.simtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9311ef5b5c3003946c48&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr). Here the loc and app modes are called out. So are you not able to read the mcp button positions in the fsx version only? Will you be able to read out these positions in the future (due to your partnership with pmdg) ?? Thanks again!Niels

Hello Niels,Glad the engine start and APU is resolved :-)MCP Modes: In the FS9 version I put hidden click-spots over the some of the MCP buttons to simulate announcing LOC Armed, APP Armed, etc.I had to drop that though for the FSX version because it would sometimes interfere with the user's ability to engage LOC or APP if another application intercepted the keypresses FS2Crew sent to activate LOC or APP.I'm afraid can't comment on the MD-11 due to an NDA.Cheers,Bryan