Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest thorur

Virtual Cockpit disappears

Hi,Since I've installed FS2Crew for the ATR last week, I eventually loose my virtual cockpit.I have FS-X, including accelerations, Active Sky, the ATR and FS2crew for the ATR installed. At startup, everything is fine, I load my ATR from the main menu, start with the 2D cockpit and can start FS2crew as normal. At this point, my VC is working as normal, but during startup, where I have to open overhead pannels/throttle quadrants etc, somehow my VC disappeared after closing the overhead pannel. I just have a huge view outside. I can pan (look around) and cycle through al different view point etc... but it's just a big view to the outside world as if my VC doesn't excist.Any suggestions are more then welcome.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I'm sorry, I've never heard of the VC just 'disappearing' after a while as if it decided mid-flight to go on holiday.Does anyone here have any ideas? I'm afraid I don't.I would also ask the Flight1 ATR Support forum at Flight1.Maybe the programmers there would know how a VC can just disappear after it's already loaded.I wish I could give you a better answer.-Bryan

At least a thanks already for the response.I will try a reinstall and otherwise contact the ATR forum. If i know more, I'll come back to this forum too.Regards...

Not a problem.You could also try updating your video drivers. Cheers,Bryan

Well, I promised to come back to this forum if I knew more.The flight1 ATR forum is full with VC problems for the FS-X version, let alone the DirectX 10 issue etc etc.For now, i head back to my 2D cockpit (almost 2009!!) and consider this a flight1 bug....

Flight1 released a public beta of an SP for the ATR that was supposed to help users with certain VC issues.Did you install that?(I'll be releasing an FS2Crew update shortly so that ATR users who installed this update may also use FS2Crew with update. The ATR updated necessitated a small change to the FS2Crew modified panel.cfg)Cheers,Bryan