Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dicko

Rex Or Asx

I am wondering which program works best with PMDG products- REX or ASX?Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, I would suggest you wait for the new Active Sky version. According to www.hifisim.com informations will be released in 1 day 17h 37 min from now. Jan-Paul

Murfy's Law: as soon as I bought REX, ASX says they are coming out with something new. *sigh*

I am wondering which program works best with PMDG products- REX or ASX?
Whatever your own preference for how weather "looks" - makes no difference for your 747.But watch for reports for the famous problem with undesirable wind shifts - whatever program has it better under control it will give you fewer problems with flying this 747.

I can't comment on how Rex weather affects the PMDG at 35,000FT, but I can say the scenery effects are abosoluty gorgeous. The reason I haven't been at 35,000ft is because Im still in total awe of Rex below 6000 agl. Be advise that the product is huge! And you will have to allow 6 to ten minutes for it to load each and every session (you can bypass Rex anytime for normal FSX scenery), but once your loaded up everything seems to work like a hot knife through butter.Ken

but once your loaded up everything seems to work like a hot knife through butter.
I like the sound of it ...