Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

"broken" Engine Sound After T/o In External View

Hi,I have a very strange problem with the engine sound in FSX, for some reason after t/o when I go to external view the sound of the engines is very bad - sounds like my speakers would be broken and then after a couple of minutes (or maybe it's the increase in altitude) the problem is gone and the engine sound is back to normal. When inside the a/c in 2D or VC all sounds are just fine, I only have this problem in external view and only shortly after t/o during the climb phase.Lately I have been flying mostly in Flight1's Super80 Pro and I'm still not sure if the problem is related to that specific a/c because I've had similar problems also with Level-D's 767 but they appear worse with the Super80 Pro. I also bought a new sound pack from TSS Sound Studios for the MD80 hoping maybe that would fix the problem but unfortunately not...although the engine sound in the TSS package is truely great!!I'm using a SB Creative xFi Titanium soundcard but have seen the very same problem with other soundcards as well so I doubt that or the drivers is where the problem is. I was thinking if this maybe could have something to do with the sound settings in Windows and the quality of the sound but not sure what to look for or where? I'm running 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate and I've understood how the sound is handled has been changed alot in Vista compared to XP...maybe this is a FSX-Vista problem...?Thanks in advance for any input how to fix this if possible!

Richard Åsberg

Try viewing in 'Locked Spot' view if you're not already, the unlocked spot view can have some 'interesting' sound anomalies, particularly on replays.

Also post your system specs. When you are near the ground, your system is being pushed the hardest. This also happens to be the time that you said you have the sound anomalies...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks for the tip about locked spot view, will give it a try!I realize that when you're close to the ground that is also when your computer is pushed hardest but if that was the problem shouldn't I have the same problem when descending and on final? I only have this problem after t/o and not in any other phases of the flight. And also I have no problems with stuttering graphics or a bad framerate, everything is working just fine except for the bad sound and only in external spot view.Anyway my system spec is:Intel Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz (watercooled)eVGA 8800GT SSC Edition (watercooled)Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro4 GB Corsair Dominator RAM2xRaid0 disk arrays consisting of SATA2 7200RPM HDDs holding my C partition (where FSX is installed) and D partitionWindows Vista Ultimate 64bit

Richard Åsberg

I realize that when you're close to the ground that is also when your computer is pushed hardest but if that was the problem shouldn't I have the same problem when descending and on final?
Yes, you would think so...I agree.
Anyway my system spec is:
You're fine on the sys. I too run Vista64 and I do not have sound errors, except during replay playback on occasion.Perhaps though, the driver for your sound card does not play well with FSX or the OS. I would check for an updated sound card driver.(I run Vista64 Ultimate with onboard sound on my ASUS board.)I assume that you have searched this forum for similar sound issues...I would also see if you can duplicate the issue when in locked spot as Carl mentions.Make sure that sound card does not have any sound modification programs running. Many of those Creative cards have EQ and other effect controls that may be causing the problem. If those exist in your machine, and can be temporarily disabled, that would also be something I would look at doing, to troubleshoot.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB