Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

A330 Question

Does anyone know the average cruise fuel flow for the A330-200?I'm just wondering because I've made the POSKY A330 work with FSX, and I seem to have a very long range. With 50% fuel, and a full load of passengers and as much cargo as the MTOW limit permits, I'm gettin an endurance around 12 hours. Is this right?Right now, my fuel flow is around 9,400-9,700 lb per hour, or 4,700 lb per hour per engine at FL360 at .8 mach with GE-80 engines. Does this amount make sense?thanks

I'm not sure about absolute fuel flow parameters, however Qantas have flown the A330-200 (the -200 has a longer endurance, and is smaller, than the -300) from Auckland New Zealand to KLAX - Auckland (NZAA). That's a trip time of something like 12 hours, particularly for the westbound flight.Bruce.

doesnt seem right. the 333 has a range of 4500 nm with those engines, that is with full fuel and reserves. at 460 cruise speed thats a 10 hour flight fully fueled. the LR version goes 5500 nmhttp://www.airliners.net/aircraft-data/stats.main?id=25
That's the A330-300. He's talking about the A330-200, which has a range that can surpass 6700 nm with a full load, further with less load, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A330My Encyclopedia of Aviation is more definitive though. I'll have to check and see what it says.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

thanks for the answers.Maybe it would be easier to find out the maximum range or endurance of an A330-200 fully loaded? In the flight in particular, I took off from Paris with a max load of passengers, 55% fuel, and as much cargo as I could fit, and about 1/2 of the way over the Atlantic I had about 40% fuel left. I don't remember exactly. The only concrete fact I can provide is the fuel flow to the engines, which I jotted down.

thanks for the answers.Maybe it would be easier to find out the maximum range or endurance of an A330-200 fully loaded? In the flight in particular, I took off from Paris with a max load of passengers, 55% fuel, and as much cargo as I could fit, and about 1/2 of the way over the Atlantic I had about 40% fuel left. I don't remember exactly. The only concrete fact I can provide is the fuel flow to the engines, which I jotted down.
wikipedia says the range of an A330-200 **with a full pax load** is 6749 nm. Like I said though, I will have to check my Encyclopedia of Aviation (its an awesome reference book) and see what it says. I don't fully trust wikipedia on info like that.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Airbus says

The A330-200 features enlarged horizontal and vertical tail services (to compensate for the loss of moment arm with the shorter fuselage vs 300's). Another important change is the addition of a centre fuel tank, which increases the A330-200's fuel capacity over the A330-300's, and results in the 200's 11,850km (6400nm) range.Max cruising speed 880km/h (475kt) at 33,000ft, economical cruising speed 860km/h (464kt). Range with max passengers and reserves at 230t MTOW 11,850km (6400nm)
NZAA - > KLAX = 5658nm as per Flight Simulator