Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

N8015X

How To Enter Airways In Fmc

Hello all,I am trying to figure out how to enter airways into the FMC in the 737, 747-400X, & the MD11. I am trying to fly a typical route Airtran uses from KPHL to KMCO. Here is the route (OOD TEBEE HAYDO SBY J79 KATZN J193 WEAVR J121 CHS J79 OMN CWRLD1). I need to know how to enter the airways J193, J121, & J79. I can enter the fixes just fine and am proficent at most other FMC use, but I can figure this out for the life of me. Also, is ther a way to get the temps to plug into the FMC for engine performance? Thank you all for your help.Chad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are differences between the Boeings and the MD11.You use the ROUTE page for the Boeings, VIA on left, TO on right.You use the LAT REV page for the MD11, and select AIRWAYS which gives you a VIA field on the left, TO on the right.In all cases, you must already have the first fix of the airway in the flight plan, then you enter the airway from that fix. The airway must contain all fixes that you use on the airway, and these are defined in the navdata file wpNavRTE.txt file.That is it in general. If you have a specific problem there's lots of help available, and it is easy to answer than trying to substitute for the manuals.

Hello all,I am trying to figure out how to enter airways into the FMC in the 737, 747-400X, & the MD11. I am trying to fly a typical route Airtran uses from KPHL to KMCO. Here is the route (OOD TEBEE HAYDO SBY J79 KATZN J193 WEAVR J121 CHS J79 OMN CWRLD1). I need to know how to enter the airways J193, J121, & J79. I can enter the fixes just fine and am proficent at most other FMC use, but I can figure this out for the life of me. Also, is ther a way to get the temps to plug into the FMC for engine performance? Thank you all for your help.Chad
Hey Chad,There is a great tutorial on Youtube by a user name CactusFire.When i started using the NG aircraft i used his tutorial to learn about the 737 FMC and how to enter airways/waypoints.http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OXU4gDoDj6c&...feature=related "Smiths FMS Route Tutorial".Hope it helps. You can also check out WTurbiasz' FMC tutorial which is more basic but very long about 9 vids for the tutorial, you'l be a sleep by the end.