Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Cls 747 Classic - How Is Flight Model?

I am familiar with CLS aircraft as I have a couple of them--the A340 and the DC-10--and I am reasonably impressed with the finish and quality. I was wondering if anybody hbere uses the new CLS 747 classic and if so, how are the flight dynamics? How does it "handle", so to speak. Also, can it do an ILS approach properly? I know it doesn't have a full FMC, etc., but my interest in this aircraft is flying it with the autopilot panel coupled to FS Navigator and hand-flying takeoffs, climbouts, and approaches especially in "weather". Appreciate any comments on this product accordingly. Thanks!JS

I am familiar with CLS aircraft as I have a couple of them--the A340 and the DC-10--and I am reasonably impressed with the finish and quality. I was wondering if anybody hbere uses the new CLS 747 classic and if so, how are the flight dynamics? How does it "handle", so to speak. Also, can it do an ILS approach properly? I know it doesn't have a full FMC, etc., but my interest in this aircraft is flying it with the autopilot panel coupled to FS Navigator and hand-flying takeoffs, climbouts, and approaches especially in "weather". Appreciate any comments on this product accordingly. Thanks!JS
Well.. not being a "real-world" 747 pilot, I can't comment as to the realisim... and I don't use FS Navigator...but I do find the flight models to be very easy handling! Not too mushy, but also not like a fighter jet. The autopilot has always captured the localizer and glideslope well for me, though I rarely ever perform an autoland. The only thing I would caution against is using too much thrust on take-off.. they will climb briskly unless you set the proper take-off power and reduce to climb thrust at the proper time.Overall, I think you'll find them to be very nicely done!! And if you're a VC flyer, you'll enjoy flying from the VC!Hope some of that will help! :( Bonk

JS,I'm also thinking about getting it and while I have the PMDG 747 I understand they're both quite the opposite when it comes to systems, so I'd like this as a "light" model and can appreciate it.Have you seen Avsim's review http://www.avsim.com/pages/1208/b747/b747.htmLaurie Aston says in that review that "It flies just like it was meant to, in every respect", so I'm hoping it has that heavy feel to it but I'd also like to hear other owners opinion on the FDE.Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I purchased it only because I had flown the RFP 747 prior to moving to PMDG, I have to say the flight model is total Cr~P it handles like a jet fighter even at MTOW.However the VC is stunning and I would still recommend it to someone stepping up from the defaults or Posky jets but don't except it to operate anywhere near to a 747 classic, If only you could put the CLS VC into the RFP 747 and this would be one of the best aircraft out there.Rob

Rob Prest

Thanks, Bonk, sounds good. Appreciate your post!JS