Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

Have The Pss Userfiles Gone Missing From The Library?

The title says it - several download attempts from the www.avsim.com/pss/userfiles address have resulted in 404 errors... Has AVSIM ceased to hold these files in the library?DJ

Yup - what you will find there are the PSS liveries, misc files, and a pdf list of the userfiles that have been hosted here at AVSIM since PSS folded. There's lots of good material in the userfiles, much of which I've downloaded from AVSIM over the past several months. However, I'm currently not able to get to the files that AVSIM has been hosting.DJ

Yup - what you will find there are the PSS liveries, misc files, and a pdf list of the userfiles that have been hosted here at AVSIM since PSS folded. There's lots of good material in the userfiles, much of which I've downloaded from AVSIM over the past several months. However, I'm currently not able to get to the files that AVSIM has been hosting.DJ
We have removed the PSS files.

We have removed the PSS files.
With PSS now defunct, the user files provide a means of finishing a re installation Were the files returned to those who created them? Would it be possible to put them in the regular section of the library?Jim Harnes

To Tom Allensworth:I have a question: Why did you remove those files?Are you going to reinstate them or move them to the Public Library? Those files were the free work of users and were available free to all.Look forward to your answer.Sincere best wishesRicardo Miranda

To Tom Allensworth:I have a question: Why did you remove those files?Are you going to reinstate them or move them to the Public Library? Those files were the free work of users and were available free to all.Look forward to your answer.Sincere best wishesRicardo Miranda
You will find Tom's answer in the File Library forum under the topic 'Pss Userfiles' - the short version is that it was simply a matter of needing the disk space. He made no mention of putting them back up or putting them in the library. Were he to put them in the library he would have to have permission from each painter to be in compliance of copyrights or to have permission from the non-existant PSS entity, since PSS made it quite clear that repaints could only be redistributed under their control. If Tom were to get in touch with me via PM, I would be happy to provide the money to purchase a disk on which the files could be mounted.All in all, it's a darn shame that the files are no longer available. I think we all hope that they can be made available again by someone out there.DJ

With PSS now defunct, the user files provide a means of finishing a re installation Were the files returned to those who created them? Would it be possible to put them in the regular section of the library?Jim Harnes
If the painters want to upload their repaints to the AVSIM Library, we would be more than happy to accept them. I don't think anyone who would claim to be in a legal position at PSS to do so, would fight that. In fact, I am pretty durn sure they wouldn't. However, we are not about to upload all the user repaints without each and everyone of their permissions to do so. We do not have the time to chase each of them done to get that permission. So, if the repainters want to, we'll happily accept their files in the library and make them available to the community.

To DJ and Tom: Thanks for your answers! And hope to see a resolution to be achieved!Soft landings! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.