Sign in to follow this  
bsmfinegan

Pmdg 747x & Radar Contact

Are any of you good people using the PMDG 747 (FSX) and having any trouble wth missing parts of the cockpit when reloading an rcd file?I am having trouble with this. What I do to get the missing instrument panel back in view is change the aircraft in flight to another variant of the same aircraft (PMDG) and then swap back to the original.Trouble is when I do this the original aircraft's MCP settings have defaulted back to their takeoff settings ( no autopilot and so on)Would appreciate any advice on correcting this rather annoying problem.Bryan.

While I do not have this product, I do have the 737s under FS9. You'll find on the PMDG support forum here on AVSIM numerous posts about restoring the state of PMDG models, etc. Try a search there.PMDG uses proprietary technology going beyond FS standards particularly in their panels. Using regular FS flight saves doesn't work too well either. RC uses advanced state saves but can't reach proprietary format items in the model.I think I recall reading on the PMDG forum that they have or were developing a utility to save flight states for their own models.RC can only use standard FS hooks to save flight states and models must adhere to the FS standards for "hooks" for RC to be able to manipulate them. The same restriction occurs when the RC co-pilot is requested to fly the aircraft.

While I do not have this product, I do have the 737s under FS9. You'll find on the PMDG support forum here on AVSIM numerous posts about restoring the state of PMDG models, etc. Try a search there.PMDG uses proprietary technology going beyond FS standards particularly in their panels. Using regular FS flight saves doesn't work too well either. RC uses advanced state saves but can't reach proprietary format items in the model.I think I recall reading on the PMDG forum that they have or were developing a utility to save flight states for their own models.RC can only use standard FS hooks to save flight states and models must adhere to the FS standards for "hooks" for RC to be able to manipulate them. The same restriction occurs when the RC co-pilot is requested to fly the aircraft.
Cheers for the reply Ronzie. Iseem to have found a workaround by running FSX in windowed mode and maximizing after the rcd file has finished loading.Getting a .flt file not found error mesage but it still seem to work OK though.Bryan.

have you defined the .flt/.wx path in RC? click the .flt/.wx buttonjd

Cheers for the reply Ronzie. Iseem to have found a workaround by running FSX in windowed mode and maximizing after the rcd file has finished loading.Getting a .flt file not found error mesage but it still seem to work OK though.Bryan.

have you defined the .flt/.wx path in RC? click the .flt/.wx buttonjd
Certainly have JD, I can verify that the .flt & .wx files are in the same directory from which I am loading the RCD file.Bryan.

Hi there!I have never a problem to load a saved PMDG flight with Radar Contact. I first start the saved flight and thereafter when I pausedI start the saved RC file.When ready to fly, just pause another time and use the fs menu option / view and press on the desired 2D or VC cockpit....and there you go.Sometimes it happends to me also that I have a half cockpit, but it