Sign in to follow this  
albovituy

Chicago City In 3d

Hi Alexandre,I really love your work, you make buildings in a quality I want to make myself. I have started using GMax and hope to do good scenery like that. Can you tell me how you take the building textures from Google earth and transfer them into Photoshop (if that is the prog you use. If not then which one?). So far I don't have too much trouble designing shapes in GMax, my trouble is textures, I suck at drawing to begin with, so drawing with a computer is a bit better but still not great.If you can also give texturing tips that would be awesome!MarcMontreal

Thanks for your comments! :( Deltalpha, this IS for FS2004! eheh Maybe if everything goes fine, I'll convert for FSX.radi, I take several printscreens of the model of Google Earth, edit them in GIMP, give more colour or contrast, ajust borders, etc... For who has already some practise, it's easy but "hard-working" eheh I don't know if I can use that textures of GE on a FS addon, do you know something about that? As I've seen so far, I can use the textures for freeware products...I'd like to thank AVSIM for the space and oportunity to post my Chicago 3D :(

I've finished today the neighborhood...all made in about 5 hoursQ2.jpgQ1.jpgI think that making neighborhood by neighborhood will be easier to then "join/mix" all in one gmax file and export! How many neighborhoods Chicago (downtown) has?

Guest sprocky

Wow, what a huge project and how nicely done so far! :( I'd love to see your progress on the "general view" you provided in an earlier post.

Thanks for your comments! :( Deltalpha, this IS for FS2004! eheh Maybe if everything goes fine, I'll convert for FSX.radi, I take several printscreens of the model of Google Earth, edit them in GIMP, give more colour or contrast, ajust borders, etc... For who has already some practise, it's easy but "hard-working" eheh I don't know if I can use that textures of GE on a FS addon, do you know something about that? As I've seen so far, I can use the textures for freeware products...I'd like to thank AVSIM for the space and oportunity to post my Chicago 3D :(
Oh, sorry. I thought I heard someone say FSX. lol Thanks agian.

Danny

Wow guys, I really appreciate your comments! :(I may finish today with 5 neighborhoods and then I'll post all of them in one shot, as in "real"By now...That one is near the Chicago Cultural Center, I can't remeber the name now...R1.jpgHere is next to the "Stone Container"Q3.jpgThere are several buildings that don't have textures in good quality in Google Earth, so I'm using the Street View's "view", editing them in GIMP to give a good result, that was what happened in these 2 towers ahead

:( ...Q5_1.jpgQ6_1.jpgIn this photo, it's missing the textures of the right neighborhood, I'm gonna search for them ehehPRE_1.jpgBy the way, this all has about 1322 polygons, I think it's good, and you?

In this neighborhood there is Roosevelt University and apartments, the Institute of Arts, and so on...so many things I'm finding about buildings I didn't know :( Q7.jpg

The neighborhoods I've done so far: (in red)PS: The others models I've done I'll join all afterChicago_phase.jpgHere is the last red marked neighborhood in the picture up and the one who gave me most work..I though it was going to take 5 hours, but it took just 1/2hours :( Q9.jpgPS off-topic, am I writing well english? As I'm portuguese, I may make some mistakes... :(

Guest fredo_p

Alexandre, Your doing well writing in English.As for your buildings, outstanding work. You may be giving the payware companies a run for there money. It's people like you, giving your personal time to create this type of art, a great feeling to keep enjoying flight simulator. I am glad that you have taken the time to create such a beautiful work of art.Remember, there is never a rush for perfection. Judging by everyones reactions, you have plenty of time to complete your Chicago project. Keep teasing us with your work.When you finish with the Chicago 3D project, or come close, come on back and ask for beta testers. I am sure there will be hundreds of requests to test your product.Keep up the good the good work.Alfredo