Sign in to follow this  
albovituy

Chicago City In 3d

Wow! I really liked your comment, and really, I don't know how to answer... :( As I'm in summer holidays, I'll have, let's see about 2,5 months of vacations :( Really plenty of time to make Chicago ehehBeta-testers? It's even too soon to think about that, I don't want even to mark dates because I've no sure of anything...making it as time goes by and later we'll see.Again, I don't have many words to thank your comment, really motivating! I'm going to make more neighborhoods now.

One of the most famous Hotels in Chicago, Hilton Hotel! About 5000$/night, really nice!Q10.jpgA "new" general view:GV_1.jpg

800 South MichiganQ%38%300SM.jpg900/1000 South MichiganQ900SM.jpgI'll made just more the 1100 South Michigan and then I'll continue making the parallel line of buildings, the Wabash Av :(

Guest kbpilot5

Very nicely done. Looks like it's going to be great!Kevin

Here's a general view :((sorry about the bad quality of the pic, I tried to "blur" something to look better :()Gen_1.jpg

Here's a general view :((sorry about the bad quality of the pic, I tried to "blur" something to look better :()Gen_1.jpg
Excellent love the progress so far :)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest fredo_p

Amazing work as usual. Keep it up. It seems to be coming along great.How long did it take for you to understand gmax? I have downloaded it and am thinking of getting my hands on developing some navy bases that I was stationed at. I know nothing about transferring textures over, or how to get a hold of them. I guess it's reading manuals and hitting forums like this.

Excellent love the progress so far :)
Thank you very MUCH! :(
Amazing work as usual. Keep it up. It seems to be coming along great.How long did it take for you to understand gmax? I have downloaded it and am thinking of getting my hands on developing some navy bases that I was stationed at. I know nothing about transferring textures over, or how to get a hold of them. I guess it's reading manuals and hitting forums like this.
Amazing? Woah..thanks! ehehI started in summer 2007 I guess, tried to make some stuff but as it was very "hard", I gave up and just tried some time after because I met some people who knew gmax well and they helped me. So I decided to make the island's airport, I took photos and so on, but my knowledge was very poor and the textures were simply "awful" B) Then I went going on, learning new techniques and with Chicago, my evolution has been very big, you can see that even in this thread! There are some tools that I don't use in gmax, but it's always good to know what are they for :( Sorry this long text, but I wanted you know that gmax isn't that kind of easy program, but with "faith" you can do it! Textures...ah that Im learning day to day, I use Gimp and the "Perspective" tool is the one I use more often to fix edges/sides, etc. It's the art of editing photos that makes beatiful 3D :(PS: I might have made some errors, but Im almost sleeping :(

2 Wabash, 112 polygons :(Q_2WS.jpgThe 100 South is already made, I'm finishing the 200 and I'll post hereEDIT: 200 made, going to 300

100 Wabash AvQ_100WS.jpg200 W. AvQ_200WS.jpgAnd finnaly I found out where was my "old" map gmax file that had all buildings I've made before! And I added the new neighborhoods that I made this month. What do you think? Q_T_1.jpg

100 Wabash AvQ_100WS.jpg200 W. AvQ_200WS.jpgAnd finnaly I found out where was my "old" map gmax file that had all buildings I've made before! And I added the new neighborhoods that I made this month. What do you think? Q_T_1.jpg
Very nice starting to look like the "Windy City" if you can add the buildings around wrigley field when you are all done we will be all set :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Thanks for your comment! :(By now, I'm going to make all that parallel avenues from the Michigan (done) and Wabash (40%) until the last av. Then, I'll go up to make the part up the river and then I'll make Chicago's landmarks, like Navy Pier, Wrigley Field, what I really would like to do it's all bridges of downtown, it'll look so much better! :(

Thanks for your comment! :(By now, I'm going to make all that parallel avenues from the Michigan (done) and Wabash (40%) until the last av. Then, I'll go up to make the part up the river and then I'll make Chicago's landmarks, like Navy Pier, Wrigley Field, what I really would like to do it's all bridges of downtown, it'll look so much better! :(
Sweet you did all of this so fast heck you should tackle the Las Vegas strip you would have that done in no time :)john

Well well folks! I started making this "phase" to make the downtown's 21 bridges and I've done 4 so far, as the photos shows :D (after this, I'll get back to buildings)Q_B_1.jpgAhah John, it's a good I ideia I must say! :(