Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rpowers

Saitek Or Ch Yoke And Pedals?

I have been using CH yoke and pedals for years.I am reading a lot about the Saitek system.Christmas is nearly here and my wife is buying! Would I notice a significant upgrade switching to Saitek?Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been using CH yoke and pedals for years.I am reading a lot about the Saitek system.Christmas is nearly here and my wife is buying! Would I notice a significant upgrade switching to Saitek?Thanks,Ron
Ron,The Saitek Pro Yoke is not a significant upgrade as compared to the CH Products yoke. It is an alternative yoke. If your CH Products yoke and pedals are operating fine, I would recommend that you not purchase the Saitek unit. If on the other hand you are having issues with your CH Products yoke and pedal and are looking for an altenative repalcement by all means I would recommend the Saitek yoke and pedals. I've owned both and I prefer the Saitek setup or the CH Products setup but by no means is the Saitek setup a significant upgrade when compared to the CH Products setup. They are pretty much comparable units just manufactured differently.

What you experience with the change depends on how well the CH yoke is working for you now and what you are looking for in imporvements. I continue to use the CH yoke and pedals, and am satisfied, but only because I rebuilt the dang fool yoke to get rid of the sticky pitch control. I've never used the Saitek products, but based on comments I've read by others:1. Pitch control is smoother using the Saitek yoke (steel shaft and bearings instead of plastic shaft and bushings).2. For twin engine controls, the Saitek has better options.3. Fewer control assignment conflicts with CH products.4. Saitek yoke and throttle attachments can conflict with keyboard trays.5. Both rudder pedals units are good. Some have reported flimsy wiring on CH products.

What you experience with the change depends on how well the CH yoke is working for you now and what you are looking for in imporvements. I continue to use the CH yoke and pedals, and am satisfied, but only because I rebuilt the dang fool yoke to get rid of the sticky pitch control. I've never used the Saitek products, but based on comments I've read by others:1. Pitch control is smoother using the Saitek yoke (steel shaft and bearings instead of plastic shaft and bushings).2. For twin engine controls, the Saitek has better options.3. Fewer control assignment conflicts with CH products.4. Saitek yoke and throttle attachments can conflict with keyboard trays.5. Both rudder pedals units are good. Some have reported flimsy wiring on CH products.
Thanks for the info.After doing much research in this forum I have decided to keep my CH yoke and pedals which are working fine and I have had no problems.I just ordered the Saitek throttle quadrant only.I like the idea of mounting it on the side and the extra buttons.Ron