Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highmike

How Do I Refine Heading And Altitude Increments?

I'm trying to get an old FS9 warbird ready for IFR flying in FSX. I've modified the panel.cfg to add the HSI and radio stack from the Baron 58, but when I fly the bird it seems I can only alter the HSI heading bug in 10 degree increments, and the altitude preset on the radio stack in 1000 ft increments. :( Does anyone know how I can get greater precision with these instruments? The bird in question is the F8 Bearcat by Michel Migaud/Oldliner52Mike.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is likely at least one gauge misbehaving in what we call a "race condition," meaning that it's continuously firing off a command for the sim to "do something" (whatever that "something" is)...Comment out all gauges except the heading indicator, and then "uncomment" one gauge at a time until you find the one misbehaving...Alternatively, a registered version of FSUIPC has a check box to eliminate the problem.

Good advice, thanks Bill. I'll do the trial and error procedure I think, I've done it before with good results.Mike.

Comment out all gauges except the heading indicator, and then "uncomment" one gauge at a time until you find the one misbehaving...
Success! Thanks Bill. It turned out to be the radio panel which I have left commented out. :(

Success! Thanks Bill. It turned out to be the radio panel which I have left commented out. :(
I'm happy to have helped. I'm somewhat surprised that the default radio gauges would have this particular problem... :(