Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Dx10 Or Dx9?

Hi I am confused about what ver. of DX I am running and if its the latest. Could someone tell me.------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 12/21/2008, 12:32:50 Machine name: KRISHAN-PC Operating System: Windows Vista

Hi I am confused about what ver. of DX I am running and if its the latest. Could someone tell me.------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 12/21/2008, 12:32:50 Machine name: KRISHAN-PC Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model: EP45-DS4 BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: Intel

Hi,Vista is capable of running DirectX10. In order to run DirectX10, you need a program that supports DirectX10 AND the capable hardware to run DirectX10.FSX is capable of running under DX10 (preview mode), under Vista. Again, to run FSX in DX10, you need a DX10 capable videocard. Just adjust the settings within FSX if you have a DX10 capable videocard (else the DX10 option isn't available).AFAIK, there has never been an update to DX10, other than the release version of DX10.The link you provided in your OP will update your DX to the latest version, in this case DX9 (which is always a good things to update as most programs run in DX9-- this is also true in Vista).Hope this helps.Gert