Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

el_kab0ng

Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe And Star Configs

Has anyone here who uses PFE configured STARs for various rwys? I'd be curious to know how you do it. Do you preconfigure STARs for specific airports before building a flight plan and compiling it in PFE or after?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has anyone here who uses PFE configured STARs for various rwys? I'd be curious to know how you do it. Do you preconfigure STARs for specific airports before building a flight plan and compiling it in PFE or after?
Hi,I usually just put a name of the SID and STAR into PFE so the ATC will spell them out. Other than that, my flight plan will include waypoints up to and including the IAF and with the latest version of PFE I also input the MDA and that's it. PFE will drop waypoints close to the destination airport anyway, so it has little sense to make a flight plan with a complete STAR. I fly them manually and use charts, usually from Navigraph or my binder. :(Of course, if I fly a FMC equipped aircraft, I will insert a full flight plan into it. Basically, I end up with two flight plans for each flight. The first one I generate and transfer or type by hand into the FMC, then I delete unnecessary waypoints as described above and save it under the same name, but with a PFE suffix. So I know which one to compile in PF2000. Regards,Jure