Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tubbsds1

Fsx Ctd When I Enable Visiblility Smoothing

It seems that ASA is causing FSX to CTD if I have enable visiblility graduation and smoothing checked. If I uncheck this it works just fine. The CTD happens as soon as the ASA weather tries to load into FSX. This is the first CTD I have ever had with FSX so I know it is somehow related to ASA.***update***I have actually learned ithe CTD is being caused when the Enable Direct Wind Control and smoothing is turned on. This is turned on automatically when your enable the visiblity smoothing.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

***update #2***Well I have narrowed this problem down to the plane I fly. I fly the Piper Cheyenne by Digital Aviation. When I switch to another plane no CTD. I have narrowed it down even further to the a guage file. See below from the crash details:Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: DA.PA31Avionics.DLL Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.1 Fault Module Timestamp: 48ff634d Exception Offset: 0011ec96 Exception Code: c0000409 Exception Data: 00000000 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 9620 Additional Information 2: ae8e1c0c9fc98cabb7d05c43d5d20981 Additional Information 3: 285f Additional Information 4: 9937257c4ac87c057a19a0a3bfc8c7abAny ideas on what I can do?Merry Christmas,David

Thanks Vic. This fix does fix the ctd but unfortunately also "breaks" the weather radar. Hopefully someone will figure out another way to get these two to work together! Merry Christmas!David