Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

[asa] - Does It Really Work?

Update:The first attempted fix did not appear to work in all situations. However, we now believe we have this fairly isolated and will be attempting a comprehensive fix for this later these evening, with extended testing starting tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and continued feedback which really helps us, as we cannot duplicate this in-house.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest onelimey
Update:The first attempted fix did not appear to work in all situations. However, we now believe we have this fairly isolated and will be attempting a comprehensive fix for this later these evening, with extended testing starting tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and continued feedback which really helps us, as we cannot duplicate this in-house.Best,
I know that you said there was an issue with FSUIIPC 4, have you guys managed to come up with a work around or patch yet. I had to go back to ASX so that I could fly?TanksAndy

Guest onelimey
I know that you said there was an issue with FSUIIPC 4, have you guys managed to come up with a work around or patch yet. I had to go back to ASX so that I could fly?TanksAndy
I don't know what happened to the edit feature. So I'm posting an update. I just tried another flight that ended with drastic changes in Airpseed everytime the weather updated. The main window in ASA would show me the corrections that where applied for the wind change sometimes altitude as well (could be changing the QNH?). The settings I used where those that are in the documentation. I did the same flight with wind smoothing turned on in FSUIPC and had the same result. Everytime the weather updated or shifted there where drastic changes in airspeed both high and low (this testing was done based on earlier posts about using only FSUIPC wind smoothing). In both tests the winds and airspeed displayed didn't reflect what ASA was saying (I understand that this is also normal).Now, Im doing the same flight in FSX using ASX and am getting occaisional changes in airspeed as the weather updates, but not as severe as when I'm using ASA.I am running this networked through simconnect, along with Squawkbox4. My FSUIPC is 4.4If you go to this link you will see the crazy changes in speed...Airspeed ChangesTanksAndy