Sign in to follow this  
FDunk

Md-11 Load With Running Engines!

Hi all, and happy christmasFirst, sorry my english i'm from germany!!!My problem is:Everytime i load the MD-11 the engines are running.My default flight is: Cessna 172P batterie = off avionics = off fuel = cutoff throttle = idleWhen i load this flight the cessna is "cold & dark" and engine off. The same when i replace the cessna with the default B747-400.But when now i load the MD-11 the engines are running and the panel is in "before start" mode with INS off.Then i've create a default flight with the MD-11 and save the flight with loaded "cold & dark" panelstate.But the same problem.Can anybody help me?FrankWinXP SP3FSX SP2 AccelerationAbit IP35 Pro MainboardIntel Cure 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHzNVidia GForce 9600 GT 1024MB4 GB RamSoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium

Yup... that's the way it is. You can load ANY situation you want via the PMDG menu... :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

It is possible to save a cold & dark flight and have it start with the engines not running. Is your problem the engines are not stopped when you reload?Couple things might help. Restart FSX when you reload MD11 flights. Make sure you don't have ground connections if you want cold and dark (use FS Shortcuts on the MCDU). Note that when loading a cold and dark flight the engines will appear to spin in spite of being off, this is a FSX issue and if you wait less than one minute the engines will stop turning.I do not have any problems with cold and dark, I also have flights that I save at a gate with engines shut down but the aircraft is on ground air/power to simulate a typical turnaround.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanI 've MD-11 flights with cold&dark panelstate.My problem is when i use one of this flights as the default flight and the FSX start with this flight, the engines runningand the panel is not cold&dark. :oBut when i start the FSX with a other flight (Cessna,cold&dark,fuel cutoff,trottle idle) first and load after thisone of the MD-11 flights then the MD-11 is correct in cold&dark.So far so good. :( When i now load a other MD-11 variation then the engines running and panel is not cold&dark. :( :( Frank

Because that's the way the PMDG MD11 initializes... The PMDG MD11 is a real complex add-on and will not load C&D because you turned everything off in you C172 before choosing the MD11. Things have changed since the 737NG. And PMDG didn't provide the option to choose what situation you want to start with like the LVL-D 763 for example.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO