Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mudhendriver

Fsuipc And As6.5

Although it's recommended to turn of FSUIPC weather settings with AS6.5, I seem to recall a post a while back that mentioned selecting one or two FSUIPC weather settings--believe it was winds aloft, in order to attempt to smooth out those wild shifts you see over the N. Atlantic and several other spots.I have registered FSUIPC.Any thoughts?ThanksR. Michael Perry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check what options are in AS65 first on their setup page. Then check the various weather tabs in FSUIPC. If you see something there that is not in AS65 options consider setting those as you desire.Another thing that many AS65 users forget is to clear all weather. I always save flights (usually cold and dark) with the Clear Weather Theme which does this when the flight is loaded. In addition FS uses the default flight to initialize its various engines when it starts even when it just goes to its menu. I make sure my default flight (I chose the Baron) is parked somewhere in the state I would want the airplane and that flight has the Clear Weather Theme. This is also handy when you create a flight. This also helps with initializing some aircraft models which ask you to load a default aircraft of the right type first as that has already been done.Take a look in the modules folder using notepad to read the FSUIPC.log to see what I am talking about before loading any flight, and aftyer creating or loading a flight and you'll see the calls I am talking about.