Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Serious Problem Just Developed

I'm running FS9.1 with Win XP and for no obvious reason I now cannot use ASA. If I click on the desktop icon I get the initial small screen saying "Initialising Internal Database" etc and the blue bar travels along to the end. At 100% that screen disappears and the startup sound plays but I get no User Interface screen.Task Manager tells me ASA is running and I also get a button down in the bottom bar labelled ASA but clicking on that does nothing. If I launch FS9 some weather will be created and loaded but I cannot look at a report or use any of the functions because I cannot see them.I have now uninstalled and re-installed this prog three times with no success. After the first re-install I was intrigued that I was not asked for my activation key. As I had not solved the problem I uninstalled again (using Control panel & Add/remove programmes) and then searched out any ASA folder that might be left and deleted it. I even did a registry search and deleted two ASA keys that came up. However, re-installing still did not cure the problem and I still wasn't asked for my key.I have now completely run out of ideas and need your help guys. Anyone got any clue as to what is going on?Iain SmithP.S. I cannot think of anything I did or changed to cause this. I do use SmartClose to close unnecessary programmes before starting ASA & FS9 but there had not been a problem previously with this arrangement. This morning ASA launched ok, this afternoon it didn't. :(

I'm running FS9.1 with Win XP and for no obvious reason I now cannot use ASA. If I click on the desktop icon I get the initial small screen saying "Initialising Internal Database" etc and the blue bar travels along to the end. At 100% that screen disappears and the startup sound plays but I get no User Interface screen...
A few of us have run into this already. The fix is nothing major. A couple of ways to fix it are discussed in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=238284I opted for the registry edit, but the resolution change would have fixed it also.
Check your registry. HKCU\Software\HiFi\ASA\ActiveSettings\WindowPosX, WindowPosY. You can either manually reset these (to something like 100 and 100), or delete those values, or if you are not comfortable editing the registry, change your resolution/monitor configuration back to what it was and then move the window to a central location that will not be offscreen. Then change resolution/config back, and you should be able to access ASA window and change as required in the new configuration.
I believe changing resolution (period) would cause the window that is off screen to show itself again.

A few of us have run into this already. The fix is nothing major. A couple of ways to fix it are discussed in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=238284I opted for the registry edit, but the resolution change would have fixed it also.I believe changing resolution (period) would cause the window that is off screen to show itself again.
Thanks for your response but I never changed the resolution of my screen in the first place!?! I'll try the registry change.Iain Smith

Thanks for your response but I never changed the resolution of my screen in the first place!?! I'll try the registry change.Iain Smith
Ok did the registry and all's well as far as that problem is concerned.Iain