Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjaycee1

Afcad Help Please.

I have TRafficX and want to install some downloaded AFCADS. The files say to install into Addon Scenery but I am unsure if that applies if you have a 3rd party traffic programme. Do I do as instructed or do I install into TRafiicX "Airport Facilities" folder. The TrafficX files are mainly AFX_ , AFE_ & cvx. I note some of the afcads i have are ADE. Will ADE be read etc by TrafficX? The objective is that the new afcads are rad by TrafficX after a database update and recompile.Any help/advice appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Usually the new afcad files would go in the Addon Scenery folder but what is really important here is the PRIORITY set in the Scenery.cfg: meaning if you want to use a new afcad file over an old one used by your 3rd party tfc prg, you would make it at a higher priority in the Scenery.cfg file. So the basic idea is PRIORITIES and stay organized. Usually the 3rd party trc prg will be placed just below the Addon Scenery folder so the new files will be recognized.Hope that makes some sense. Pierre

I had no problem with Traffic X reading AFCADs in either ADE or AFX formats. I have all of mine in addon scenery. Just be sure to click on "update existing" in the Airport Editor section of Traffic Control Centre.Although I nol longer use Traffic X, I remember testing both types of AFCADS before I changed.-Dave