Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Fo Not Calling For Taxi Clearance

Hi all,I have a slight problem when trying to follow the ops manual flight. I set everything up fine, do all the prefilghts etc., call for pushback, start the engines and do my pre flight check list. At the end it says that the FO should call for taxi clearance but there is no call. I tried getting clearance myself but the ATC will not work.I have all updates installed.Will it take a while for the FO to get clearance (am I being too impatient) or is this a know problem with a quick fix. I would like to get this bird off the deck.Any help would be great

Hi,FO will call for the push clearance.But he will not call for the Taxi Clearance as he likely would in real life. You'll need to do the job for him.The reason he can't is because there are a several different 3rd party ATC programs out there, and it's not possible to integrate with them all.Most FS2Crew users tend to be more 'hardcore' orientated, so few would use the default MS ATC.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan.This is my first flight with FS2 Crew. This makes more sense.When I pull up the standard ATC and tune into the ground control I cannot select any option to select direction out. Does this mean I have to purchase another ATC or is there a setting I have missed?Craig

Thanks Bryan.This is my first flight with FS2 Crew. This makes more sense.When I pull up the standard ATC and tune into the ground control I cannot select any option to select direction out. Does this mean I have to purchase another ATC or is there a setting I have missed?Craig
Select direction out? Are you filling VFR?If you want quality ATC, I suggest VATSIM/IVAO (most realistic) or one of the many ATC add-on programs (Radar Contact, PFE).Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Thanks for all your help. My fault, did not file a VFR, will try that and see if that solves the problem.Craig

Hi Bryan,Thanks for all your help. My fault, did not file a VFR, will try that and see if that solves the problem.Craig
Airlines generally don't file VFR. Stick with IFR.ATC will assign you a runway based on the conditions, and then you will receive vectors to your programmed route. You don't really select a direction for departure like you would if you were VFR.Cheers,