Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howell

What Needs Upgrading

Guys, I need you're help and advise. The question I have is there a conflict with the mother board and the graphic card? I am using FS9 with several add on like;Level D 767-300, PMDG 737ng 600-900, PSS 777-200/300, MD-80 Pro, Wilco airbus vol 2 . . . etc. Some of these add on are good with the frame rate set at 25, but I have Captain sim 757, PSS 777, and Wilco Air bus vol 2 runs slow, so the question I need to ask is do I need to upgrade the graphic card or is the graphic card good but the mother board suck? Thanks for all your help, I have the following on my computer:------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 12/30/2008, 23:06:28 Operating System: Windows Vista

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This benchmark list might be of interest to you:http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...chmarks,30.htmlScroll down to the FSX benchmarks and while FSX is rougher on card performance, the relative ratings might be of interest.For FS9 I don't think you need shared video RAM. Maybe it's a Vista function. Get a card with big enough ram of its own. In Vista, if you don't need it, turn off the Aero interface and use the "classic" look as Aero sucks up resources.Finally, you may check out the hardware forum here and, in fact, this thread might be moved to it.Disclaimer: I use XP but I do know a little about Vista.Hope this helps.