Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Library Access

It seems that access to files in the library are becoming few and far between. If I attempt downloads in the very early morning (4am CST) all goes well. However, attempts after about 7am almost always get the following message - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.I've checked my IE settings and they are correct and, as I said above, I don't have this problem very early in the morning (for my time zone). Has traffic to the site increased significantly?May the Internet gods bring us a broadband-only access point to the Avsim library (willing to pay). :-)fb

Regarding the link provided to the other post - except for too many people trying to access the file library, I don't have any of the problems posted there. Regular maintenance of IE temporary files is a routine action on my part. I don't have any other software running that would interfere with downloads.In my opinion, the problem with downloads is becoming acute. I've had difficulties with downloads in the past but they have been mostly time-of-day issues. Right now it doesn't matter what time of day you try to access the library the AVSIM systems seem to be overloaded. It doesn't help that there are so many people using the system that have dial-up capabilities. Dial-up just drags the whole network down - especially on large files. If this situation gets much worse users might not be able to routinely download files.fb

Guest magnum_force

>Regarding the link provided to the other post - except for>too many people trying to access the file library, I don't>have any of the problems posted there. Regular maintenance of>IE temporary files is a routine action on my part. I don't>have any other software running that would interfere with>downloads.>>In my opinion, the problem with downloads is becoming acute. >I've had difficulties with downloads in the past but they have>been mostly time-of-day issues. Right now it doesn't matter>what time of day you try to access the library the AVSIM>systems seem to be overloaded. It doesn't help that there are>so many people using the system that have dial-up>capabilities. Dial-up just drags the whole network down ->especially on large files. If this situation gets much worse>users might not be able to routinely download files.>>fbFrank,Do people still use 56k modems.? I thought that went away with Windows ME. You cant give them away on Ebay. (56k modems)RegardsRoger

I think the reason why there are many "dial-up" modems available is because most new computers sold in the past five or six years have these modems built into the motherboards. You don't need an external modem to use this type of connection.fb