Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colfmedion

Frame Rates

Hi,All of a sudden whenever I fly from Newark to La Guardia my frame rate drops to just over 1 (yes 1) as I approach New York from New Jersey. I would normally get about 20 fps which is generally okay for me in this area. I have no problems anywhere else. I have tried different drivers and all sorts of different combinations but to no avail. The one thing I have noticed is that if I switch off SLI mode I can get back up to around 20fps but bear in mind that SLI off or on does not affect other areas. I run 2 8800gs cards, Quad Core CPU, 950 psu. I have also tried reverting back to a previous FSX Installation but the result is just the same.I would be grateful for any advice.Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,All of a sudden whenever I fly from Newark to La Guardia my frame rate drops to just over 1 (yes 1) as I approach New York from New Jersey. I would normally get about 20 fps which is generally okay for me in this area. I have no problems anywhere else. I have tried different drivers and all sorts of different combinations but to no avail. The one thing I have noticed is that if I switch off SLI mode I can get back up to around 20fps but bear in mind that SLI off or on does not affect other areas. I run 2 8800gs cards, Quad Core CPU, 950 psu. I have also tried reverting back to a previous FSX Installation but the result is just the same.I would be grateful for any advice.Colin
That is the hardest hit area performance wise in FSX to fly. You can turn some sliders down like traffic, scenery complexity, autogen. Other then that there is not much you can do to get a smooth approach. I fly alot in and out of that area because I am from that area myself.

The one thing I have noticed is that if I switch off SLI mode I can get back up to around 20fps ...
FSX performance is not enhanced by video cards configured in SLI mode. I'd recommend permanently leaving this off when using FSX.