Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewMal

Project Airbus?

Does anyone know what happend to them...they just fell of the face of the planet it seems.. Roderic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What happened to their downloads section, it's mostly FS98 stuff now??:(

You can d/l the A320 (FS2K2), A300 (FS2K) at avsim.The forum is closed until they release the A319/A320 v 2/A321 (whatever comes next...). No idea if and when that may be.TM

FS98? I love exageration...Arklight1, you know us at PA more than the average simmer.A319 is the next aircraft that will be released.

I'm SERIOUS!On your download page is a bunch of pictures of FS98 stuff! And then links to the Airbuses.I'm not joking around or exaggerating.Go look.

Maybe its only us that our name is Shane, I see FS98 Crap aswell!!

>Maybe its only us that our name is Shane, I see FS98 Crap >aswell!! :-lolIt's a conspiracy against "the Shanes".LOL

The planes you see are FS2002 gmax, our V1.0 A320. And do you mind not calling our freeware 'crap'? I and a lot of other team members at Project Airbus would appreciate it.

Well....I tell you what, simply we do not need your telling on us, call us whatever u want, our work is not FS 98 work and we do our work the best for those who appreciate our work.

When you put %20 at the end of your image URLs, you can't really expect the Library to do the right thing :) I have fixed the images in question.

You may want to check the A320 Sound download link. When you click it to download, you get a WinZip70.exe file.Richard

I'm sure you would appreciate if I called your FS98 stuff good !! ROFL - who uses FS98 anyways?

Hi Kurt,I believe Matt Johnson fixed the problem. See post number 10.Richard

I saw FS98 stuff too at one point. The images of course where not PA's work but there was in fact FS98 images. The only reason I did not post it was because with in a few days later the domain was down so I did not see it necessary. Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Well personally I think the CSI A319 is goin to be really hard to beat. If any of you have not downloaded their beta aircraft you should...:) you will be really happy with it and they are going to release it next week supposedly... Cheersroderic

I'd wondered why there'd been so many downloads of that file all of a sudden... Trevor (Slack), if you're reading, whomever is updating that particular webpage needs to be a little more careful when copying and pasting URLs, it seems.Fixed again -- even though it's not really our problem to fix...--M

Correct.The problem with both the weird images and the sound download was that the URL's were going to our Library but had junk on the end of them, e.g....DownloadID=18735%20(%20 == URL encoding for a space, if anyone cares.)Those of you who program know that % is the operator for modulus, so rather than getting download 18735, they were getting 18735 mod 20, which would be DownloadID 15... similarly for images.--M

>The planes you see are FS2002 gmax, our V1.0 A320. And do >you mind not calling our freeware 'crap'? I and a lot of >other team members at Project Airbus would appreciate it. Read Shanes post more accurately Trev ;)You guys had pictures of FS98 stuff on your site. He was calling the FS98 stuff "crap" not you A320. You guys had the images linked wrong.And Shane was correct, FS98 is crap. LOLThanks for fixing the links Matt.

>Well personally I think the CSI A319 is goin to be really >hard to beat. If any of you have not downloaded their beta >aircraft you should...:) you will be really happy with it >and they are going to release it next week supposedly... >>>Cheers >>roderic Where do I download the beta? I've been gone for awhile, I didn't even know they were making an A319.

To be honest, this is quite strange, because the links of images and downloads were set up last year linking to the Avsim download during the summer for our A320 release. We never experienced any problems before. I and other members haven't seen any FS98 images or anything like that on our download page- obviously otherwise we would have made the amendments.Matt, I'll contact Nick, the webmaster who made the download page and see what he has to say. Thanks for your help.Roderic, you mention that CSI's A319 will be hard to beat, well we're not out there to 'beat' anyone. We're making our aircraft for our enjoyment, whether it's better or not is up to the individual flight simmer.

Kurt, that was what I was seeing before anyone said anythign about a problem!

Well said, Trevor !!!!!!!!!!Udo.:-wavewww.YeoDesigns.com

I never saw any problems either, and I have IE set to always get the latest page from the server. Well as long as it is fixed for other people now!