Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmdriskell

737 Fmc Key Errrors

I've just started flying the 737 NG again after over a year of doing other things. I'm having trouble with inputing numeric information on the FMC. The "456" row keys seem to repeat themselves on the "789" key row. In other words, if I press the 7, I get a 4; the 8 produces a 5 and the 9 produces a 6. The ".0+/-" row keys generate 7, 8 and 9, respectively. None of the keys produce a ".", 0, or "+/-". I can enter the missing numbers and other information using the keyboard function but I'd rather use the FMC as it was designed. I don't have any trouble with the FMC in the 747.Any ideas?Jim Driskell

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiRead the FAQFMC Buttons do not operate the correct keys(ie, pressing 7 enters 8, etc) This is a common problem on widescreen setups and other non 4:3 resolutions. Changing FS's resolution to a 4:3 setting like 1280X960 or 1024X768 will correct the problemEdin

I've just started flying the 737 NG again after over a year of doing other things. I'm having trouble with inputing numeric information on the FMC. The "456" row keys seem to repeat themselves on the "789" key row. In other words, if I press the 7, I get a 4; the 8 produces a 5 and the 9 produces a 6. The ".0+/-" row keys generate 7, 8 and 9, respectively. None of the keys produce a ".", 0, or "+/-". I can enter the missing numbers and other information using the keyboard function but I'd rather use the FMC as it was designed. I don't have any trouble with the FMC in the 747.Any ideas?Jim Driskell

Hello Jim,If you don't want to change your resolution just stretch the FMC window vertically.

Hello Jim,If you don't want to change your resolution just stretch the FMC window vertically.
Thanks for the intellegent reply. The problem is resolved.Jim Driskell