Sign in to follow this  
nandrews

747 And Md-11 Installations Crash Fsx On First Use!

I have installed both aircraft correctly I believe and certainly without error. (each prompted to install C++ which I did)Starting the MD11 I responded to 3 prompts and then after a few seconds I received a 'Fatal error - FSX restarting'. I have rebooted, but still the same.Starting the 747 I get 3 prompts (similar to above), but each responds with "****.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dll", if I click OK to each of those then again after a few seconds I get "Fatal error - FSX restarting."I am running a 'hi-end' PC with Vista 64bit, which has run all on FSX fine until now.Can anyone advise what might be the problem?Thanks and Happy New YearNigel

Dan,Thanks for that I have seen those when searching the KB myself.In the second I have checked and the PMDG entries do appear near the end of the file as required.The Trust issue I assume is covered already since both aircraft prompted me (3 times) to Run and then Trust when I first tried to start them. Even tho' the 747 gave the error about not finding the .dll.ThanksNigel

There are a couple of items in the PMDG Ops wiki-based knowledge base that might help:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_PolicyOrhttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...G_dll_files_CTDHope this helps

Did you do as suggested (deleting the dll.xml and fsx.cfg file, or at least backing up by changing extension)?The xml file is picky, if there is a space character at the end of a line instead of a normal line termination it could cause problems. Seen this before, especially if a Wilco product has been installed before.Other than this, your next step is to email pmdg support. Make sure you get an automated response so you know your message got through their picky filter.

Dan Downs KCRP