Yesterday I went to Best Buy and I saw a special sale for a portable laptop.There was a blue Acer Aspire One laptop, with two 8GB hard drives (one regular and one solid state), 1GB of RAM, and the Intel Atom N270 processor with XP Home. It comes with a free Canon printer that they sells for $49.99.The deal is $249.99.I compared the prices of these laptops at other places and I think this is a really good deal. Should I go for it?

To me that lap top would be good web surfing and word processing, and that is about it. Unless you didn't mean "8GB" drives. Acer tends to make low end stuff.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Yeah, that is pretty much all I would use it for - a portable computer for basic functions.Also, Best Buy offered to let me get the all-in-one printer model for $20 more, making the total price $269.99. The deal will last the entire week.(By the way, under the display model there is still a $299.99 tag for the laptop alone.)

What ended up happening was that I purchased an ASUS EEE PC 1000, which was defective. I installed XP on it and then determined that there was a hardware issue. When I called their tech support, they said, out of the blue, that by installing XP I voided the warranty. Yet, in the manual there are clear-cut instructions for installing XP, that I followed, and included is an XP support CD. It is mentioned nowhere that installing an operating system (which they also offer on this model) would void the warranty.So I got a Lenovo Ideapad S10 from the closing Circuit City. It was the last one they had, and it works perfectly.