Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VIPERGTSR01

Md-11 Low Resolution Virtual Cockpit

I have put up with the low resolution of most the the VC textures in the MD-11 for a while but they are starting to bug me, I know this isn't normal and I have fiddled around with many settings within FSX to no avail.3175429629_c9649154e6_o.jpgYes the Jpeg compression of the pic doesnt help but it shouldn't matter, look at the FO seat, the actual digital parts of the plane are very clear but the textures including text are very blurry and often unreadable, any ideas?I can supply more pictures if required.FSX SP2Vista 64Intel i76gb DDR3ATI 4870x2ThanksJay V

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jay,That is definitely not right man. You have a better system than mine and everything's sharp for me here.Does the 4870X2 work in some sort of single-card Crossfire mode? I would look into any possible settings relating to that, that seems to me the only thing that could really be having an effect here - Core i7 and 6GB of RAM should be blazing through this. What are your FPS like while this is happening? Usually blurred textures like that are a symptom of the video card being starved for texture memory - doesn't really make sense though with that kind of hardware...There were some issues surrounding the 8.12 Catalyst driver and the 4870X2 - it was disabling one half of the card. Check your device manager and make sure you actually see both GPUs there.

Are you certain you have "global texture resolution" at the highest setting in FSX?

Thanks for the help guys, I feel so stupid now.....Yep, both my GPU's show up in the device manager, but as it turns out I missed the global texture slider :( It was set to 'low', now it is set 'very high' and I hardly get any frame rate hit at all, still jumping around 40-50 frames per second on the ground.Big thanks guys, I can't believe I missed that, now it's like a whole new aircraft in the VC, so crisp :DJay V.