Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G-YMML1

Third FMC

Hi again,I realized yesterday that 3rd FMC (located on the centerpost right below the engine quadrant) was dead. I tried to make it active, but I was prohibited to do so, since it stated NOT ALLOWED.Any thought?Thanks againDmitriy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi again,I realized yesterday that 3rd FMC (located on the centerpost right below the engine quadrant) was dead. I tried to make it active, but I was prohibited to do so, since it stated NOT ALLOWED.Any thought?Thanks againDmitriy
Dmitriy,It is not dead. This FMC is used only for STBY navigation (modeled) and ACARS (not modeled), so not all function keys apply. It is not easy to explain here how this works, you'll have to look at the manuals.

Thanks again Michael - sounds like long lurning curve ahead.
And to be more precise, there are only 2 FMCs, however there are 3 MCDUs. That explains why you don't access the FMCs from the third MCDU on the aft centre pedestal... you do that by the two other MCDUs on the forward pedestal. The third one is meant for other systems usage, such as ACARS mentioned by Michael, or maintenance functions, or the standby-flightplan which is not part of an FMC but a function of the IRS.Regards,Markus