Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerry allen

Keyboard Commands-HOW TO?

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to set up a AT disconnect for the MD-11.I've tried so many things my head is in a spin.I've entered a key command in the MD-11 and the same command in FSX CONTROLS. But still nothing works.Could someone please run thru tis STEP by STEP?Thank you,Jerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe that "z" is the default key for autopilot disconnect, at least in FS9. I know that it works for me with the MD-11 in FS9, hit "z" to disconnect the autopilot and hit "z" a second time to cancel the warnings. Sorry if this doesn't pertain to the FSX version.edit-doh, autopilot instead of auto throttle, sorry!

AT disconnect as in auto throttle? Not the same as autopilot disconnect.Generally, I delete all the msfs keycommands that I don't use then program keycommands for the pmdg aircraft that makes sense to me, so I can remember it. This works in my case because I don't fly default aircraft (and haven't found another payware I'd pay for).Step by step, for FSX version I assume: Decide your key (I'll use Shift+T for example). Go to Settings/Controls in FSX and delete whatever Shift+T is used for. Load the MD11. Go to AddOns menu PMDG Options Keycommands. Expand Throttles and select disengage autothrottle, then press SET button and when cursor appears in box press "Shift" key and "T" key together. Then click CLOSE. You are done.

AT disconnect as in auto throttle? Not the same as autopilot disconnect.Generally, I delete all the msfs keycommands that I don't use then program keycommands for the pmdg aircraft that makes sense to me, so I can remember it. This works in my case because I don't fly default aircraft (and haven't found another payware I'd pay for).Step by step, for FSX version I assume: Decide your key (I'll use Shift+T for example). Go to Settings/Controls in FSX and delete whatever Shift+T is used for. Load the MD11. Go to AddOns menu PMDG Options Keycommands. Expand Throttles and select disengage autothrottle, then press SET button and when cursor appears in box press "Shift" key and "T" key together. Then click CLOSE. You are done.
Thank you for the STEP by STEP reply.I was trying to put the key command in both PMDG & FSX, rather than clearing FSX....for Auto Throttle disconnect.It is working now...THANKS again.AND THANKS TOO FOR A GREAT MD-11 SIMULATION. i ONLY FLY THIS AND ONE BIG 4 ENGINE PROP.Jerry