Sign in to follow this  
BillDickson

Returning to FS9 Advice on scenery please

Hi allDeciding to return to FS9, more addons, beter performance & less problems with addon aircraft.I would like advice on a number of scenery addons.I have UT Europe, Ground enviroment pro 2 and Active Sky 6. What mesh would you recommend and is their any other scenery enhancements that can add to the graphics of FS9.Another request for advice.The ATC window keeps popping up with directions for all traffic, unlike FSX which only pops up with ATC information for your flight. I like the pop up for info for my flight only. can this be done.Also the ATC voice is absolutly iritating, nothing like anyone from the UK. I have fiddled with the voices in the ATC menu but cant change it to a voice similar to the pilots voices. Is their an other program either payware or freeware that I can get.I will appreciate any advice you can give on these mattersThanksBill

Hi Bill --- I've been using UT USA and Canada/Alaska, as well as GE Pro and Active Sky, just like you. I use FS Genesis's terrain mesh for the entire planet, and it has made a huge difference. I also compliment Active Sky with Flight Environment; my skies are truly alive!As for ATC, I recommend Aerosoft/OnCourse Software's Pro Flight Emulator. Check it out! The immersion factor alone makes it a worthwhile purchase, and their support (here on the AVSIM forums) is second-to-none.Here are some links:OnCourse SoftwareFSGenesisFlight Environment

Although I have not used FS ATC for a long time (see tag) you can set it to not automatically open a window when a message is sent and therefore have to open it manually with an assigned key stroke.Search out auto-open ATC window in the learning center or go into your FS settings, atc traffic, and set it or click on help to read about it.