Sign in to follow this  
Alado

Reducing noise with the external view ? MD 11 fs9

Hello all Sometimes to taxi when we fly IVAO or Vatsim it is nice to get the external view to better see other traffic and taxiways . But the problem is the sound of the ext view is so high in relation to the setting sound we have in the cockpit . I know how we can reduce the volumes in the sound .wav folders but do you know which one correspond to this external view in the sound list of MD 11 ?which of the xPMDGMD11_JET xx.wav is which number as folders goes from JET 01 TO JET 73 ? [attachment=1588:fsscr001.jpg]hope the insert has worked as I don't know how works to insert screens shots or images ? thanks for adviseregardsPatrick

Hello all Sometimes to taxi when we fly IVAO or Vatsim it is nice to get the external view to better see other traffic and taxiways . But the problem is the sound of the ext view is so high in relation to the setting sound we have in the cockpit . I know how we can reduce the volumes in the sound .wav folders but do you know which one correspond to this external view in the sound list of MD 11 ?which of the xPMDGMD11_JET xx.wav is which number as folders goes from JET 01 TO JET 73 ? hope the insert has worked as I don't know how works to insert screens shots or images ? thanks for adviseregardsPatrick
Patrick,I wouldn't recommend to do any editing on the installed PMDG sound files. Why don't you just turn down the "Engines" slider on the FS sound menu? This will not affect the other intenal cockpit sounds (the volume of which can be independently controlled from the PMDG menu)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Patrick,I wouldn't recommend to do any editing on the installed PMDG sound files. Why don't you just turn down the "Engines" slider on the FS sound menu? This will not affect the other intenal cockpit sounds (the volume of which can be independently controlled from the PMDG menu)
HelloYes I have the sound engine set well for engines when I fly in the 2D or VC cockpit but as soon I choose the external view !!!!!!!!!!! the engine noise is so high and so different and sometimes even difficult to listen atc clearances for taxi in that case .I have done already that for others , for example to reduce the high noise from the air conditionning in the cockpit . But if yu think it is no good to do it I will no but little pity as nice to have also possibility to taxi nicely with the external view . regardsPatrick

The engines are louder on the outside. Don't know what else to say.

Dan Downs KCRP

helloyes that I was saying in the external view the engines are much more louder than when we are in the cockpit using for example the 747 I don't have this problem as I could reduce the noisy engine or noise external view that allows to taxi without having a big noise hearing at the same time . for example in this view it is so noisy !!!!!!!!!!! just wondering how to reduce this high noise ? not to have all time to set sounds when I change the view often ? thanks regardsPatrick