Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

I've lost all my bought PMDG Aircrafts by a HDD Crash- what to do now?

Hi PMDG,I've lost all my bought PMDG Aircrafts by a HDD Crash- what to do now? Since I moved, somehow I cannot find my backup DVDs, so how do I get the 737NG etc. back again?Regards, Torben Hadler

Hi PMDG,I've lost all my bought PMDG Aircrafts by a HDD Crash- what to do now? Since I moved, somehow I cannot find my backup DVDs, so how do I get the 737NG etc. back again?Regards, Torben Hadler
TorbenTry http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/Support and e-mail PMDG support. Talk to them directly.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I repurchased, then reminded myself to have safe backups of the installers. Seems like I always learn by experience.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,if you would have so many addons as I have, there is no way of burning them all to DVDs. I have most of the bought addons burned, but now I cannot find every backup DVD anymore. The thing is, I have had them as well saved at a different HDD, but now both HDDs crashed.In already found the B737NG backups, but both versions for FS9 of the B747 are still missing.Hmm, it's just a download fare away between PMDG and me - why should I buy it a second time?It would be very kind of PMDG to reactivate the download link - I am about to buy the MD-11...I have every other aircraft PMDG ever created for FS...Regards, Torben Hadler

I repurchased, then reminded myself to have safe backups of the installers. Seems like I always learn by experience.

Not as bad as me lol I backed all my addons up to CDs - also to an external drive I keep for that purpose.HOWEVER - it does really help to WRITE on the CDs what they contain.... like I DIDN'T lolFinding that was fun in the extreme :( John Ellison

Hi,well, that would mean that I have to buy a nother SATA drive of 200GB, that where I already have 5 Sata hdds but only 4 connectors at my mainboard and no PCIe interface nor the money to buy another drive and a new computer, so I would be able to drive 6 SATA drives!I already enjoy having more than a TB of HDD space.Regards, Torben

I solved this issue by backing up all my FS stuffs on to a secondary HD.Redundancy!

I guess I have about 200 some of CDs and DVDs without any writing at them....

Not as bad as me lol I backed all my addons up to CDs - also to an external drive I keep for that purpose.HOWEVER - it does really help to WRITE on the CDs what they contain.... like I DIDN'T lolFinding that was fun in the extreme :( John Ellison