Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opa

DVD Issue

I have a DVD/CD combo which has worked flawlessly until a couple of weeks ago.The problem which has cropped up is that it sees any blank DVD disk as being already FULL, when in fact it is blank.It sees blank CD's properly - the issue is only with DVD's.I have a TSST Corp DVD+RW TS-H653A - which came with my Dell XPS710 - which is just out of warrenty.Does this sound like a "hardware" problem or hopefully something which might be corrected with a software solution? Thanks in advance for any help. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried a different DVD-R? (different brand perhaps?)Are you using DVD software or is it just windows?

Have you tried a different DVD-R? (different brand perhaps?)Are you using DVD software or is it just windows?
The same disk on anothet computer shows as being empty.I get the disk full both in Windows and in any burning software.

They can be flaky....DVD's and their burners.You might just have to pick up a new one from newegg, shouldn't be more than 30 bucks for a good oneOther than making sure all the power cables are connected properly and updating the firmware I don't know what else to think.