Sign in to follow this  
davidv

ASA beta build 355 - no wind gusts

Just wanted to report that ASA build 355, or whatever the beta one is in FS9 mode doesn't include surface wind gusts in the weather depiction whether direct wind control is on or not, and whether fsuipc wind smoothing is on or not. Under the same FSUIPC settings AS6.5 will accurately portray the gusting wind in the same location same conditions.Also I notice there still is large gaps in cloud coverage, the bubble effect is still there. (ie I was flew from CYYZ to KCVG then to KPIT, all through a rather large snowstorm that on radar showed as one contiguous large area of snow, but flying with ASA there were often large gaps showing clear weather, including my approach to KCVG which was supposed to be broken 1200 overcast 2400 at the time. My FS9 cloud settings are on maximum coverage.

Hi,With DWC On wind gusts will take place, but with a slower change then what you are used to seeing using B355 as compared with ASv6.5.With the weather conditions, if you could, please post a screen shot of the ASA report page and what you are seeing in FS. Remember that the Map is not a true RADAR, but a representation using fixed symbols around each station. I do realize that your destination conditions were not matched.Thanks,

Guest tmetzinger
Hi,With DWC On wind gusts will take place, but with a slower change then what you are used to seeing using B355 as compared with ASv6.5.With the weather conditions, if you could, please post a screen shot of the ASA report page and what you are seeing in FS. Remember that the Map is not a true RADAR, but a representation using fixed symbols around each station. I do realize that your destination conditions were not matched.Thanks,
I've only done limited testing, but with B355 in FS9 I now see surface winds that match AS6.5. No more weird offsets by 90+ degrees.

Just wanted to report that ASA build 355, or whatever the beta one is in FS9 mode doesn't include surface wind gusts in the weather depiction whether direct wind control is on or not, and whether fsuipc wind smoothing is on or not. Under the same FSUIPC settings AS6.5 will accurately portray the gusting wind in the same location same conditions.Also I notice there still is large gaps in cloud coverage, the bubble effect is still there. (ie I was flew from CYYZ to KCVG then to KPIT, all through a rather large snowstorm that on radar showed as one contiguous large area of snow, but flying with ASA there were often large gaps showing clear weather, including my approach to KCVG which was supposed to be broken 1200 overcast 2400 at the time. My FS9 cloud settings are on maximum coverage.
Hello Jim,Unfortunately that flight was yesterday and I didn't take any screenshots. The report page for ASA did show the winds should have been gusting, it was something like 27015G27 - the wind direction was correct but the winds stayed perfectly steady the whole time at 15 kts with ASA, whereas with AS6.5 I would get a gust here and there, same direction with same base of 15 kts but properly gusting somewhere between 15 and 27.Weather wise yes I realize the map is just a representation but it just seemed odd seeing all the large areas of clear weather in a fairly large storm system, no such gaps showed on real world weather radar or satellite at the time. Obviously it's next to impossible to get a perfect representation in the sim but it the conditions I saw did seem a bit out of place.

It's happening here also.Metar: LERS 240900Z 28038G56KT 9999 FEW025 13/M02 Q0993Winds in FS are showing 280 38 all the time, no gusts at all