Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fosl

MD-11 climb thrust reduction at 10,000 ft

Hello,I have question regarding the MD-11 for fs9. I noticed during climb and passing 10,000 ft, I get a pretty good thrust reduction. I am unable to find anything in the manuals about a possible automatic climb derate while climbing through 10,000 ft. On my last flight from KABQ to KONT, at 10,000 ft the thrust limit went from 1.41 epr to 1.34. No big deal as acceleration to climb speed and rate of climb were still good, but just curious. I know climb derates are an option for the MD-11, but they are not included on the thrust limits page. Any ideas?ThanksAdam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looking at my PW4460 climb thrust setting table it says it's valid for 250kt IAS below FL100 and 330kt IAS / M 0.82 above, airconditioning on.I guess the 80kt increase in IAS at FL100 has an effect on EPR - more ram pressure through higher airspeed = lower maximum EPR, and that the ATS thrust limiting system is also programmed this way.Chris G

thats a very good point
Sure is, but it should not switch due to the new target but decrease slowly with the plane picking up speed. So maybe jus a little error in the calculation taking targeted speed instead of actual speed to look up the EPR in the engine tables?BestAlexander M. Metgzger