Sign in to follow this  
Guest JollyRoger

Fixed views in FS9 ?

Guest JollyRoger

Hi simmers!I remember that in FS98 (!) it was possible to have 'fixed' internal views... you know, pushing the joystick pan button once to the left (or whatever direction) and then the left side view didn't change back to front view until you pushed the pan button forward. The same was possible using the num block. Hope you got the picture... :( But now in FS9... :( If I want to look to the left for more than a microsecond I have to keep the pan button (or '4' in num block) pressed all time long because as soon as I release it the view goes back forward.Does anyone have a clue how to fix it? - Note I don't have Active Camera or something like that...Also the same issue happens in external view: In FS98 it was possible not to have 'soft' spot plane views but fixed at your six...Thanks for your help!J.R. :(

Guest dogknot
Hi simmers!I remember that in FS98 (!) it was possible to have 'fixed' internal views... you know, pushing the joystick pan button once to the left (or whatever direction) and then the left side view didn't change back to front view until you pushed the pan button forward. The same was possible using the num block. Hope you got the picture... :( But now in FS9... :( If I want to look to the left for more than a microsecond I have to keep the pan button (or '4' in num block) pressed all time long because as soon as I release it the view goes back forward.Does anyone have a clue how to fix it? - Note I don't have Active Camera or something like that...Also the same issue happens in external view: In FS98 it was possible not to have 'soft' spot plane views but fixed at your six...Thanks for your help!J.R. :(
As far as I know, the joystick pan button cannot be locked to every desired view/direction. The Num Pad however, can be changed to hold each view until changed.This is how you do it:==================================================Change cockpit views without having to hold down a key.==================================================In FS2004 (and fs2002), you usually have to hold down a numpad key in order to continue looking in that direction. Here's how to change it so that you can hold a view using the keypad without having to hold down the key.Open fs9.cfg (or fs2002.cfg) and scroll down to the section called KEYBOARD_MAIN. There, you will find several view entries:VIEW_FORWARD=38,41VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,41VIEW_RIGHT=39,41VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,41VIEW_REAR=40,41VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,41VIEW_LEFT=37,41VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,41VIEW_DOWN=12,41Change the value of 41 to 9, like this:VIEW_FORWARD=38,9VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,9VIEW_RIGHT=39,9VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,9VIEW_REAR=40,9VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,9VIEW_LEFT=37,9VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,9VIEW_DOWN=12,9Save the file and FS will maintain whatever view direction you select================================================================================================================================ For a Fixed view in spotplane:FS9 activeGo to Spot plane viewSelect Views/View OptionsChoose--Type: Roll--Loop--Fixed(Fixed keeps your view locked at the aircrafts six o-clock)Also, can select the "Gradual transition" box for a "sweeping, zoom-in transition into Spotplane view".Hope that helps!

Guest JollyRoger

Great, just G R E A T ! Many many thaaaaaanks! :( :(

I believe if you use your hat switch, and pan say left, keeping pressure on your hat switch looking left, press the "alt" key on the keyboard. Now your view is locked looking left and you don't need to press your hat switch any longer. Simply press the "alt" key to release the locked view.Also for your external view question, check this site"http://emarciano.free.fr/En/fs9toolboxHome.htmCheersRJ

JR- here's a real easy way to change views. In KB assignments, change the "Look" assignments to Shift + num KB key. (the default is Control + num KB key).Example- Look Fwd Left : change to Shift + Num 7 (from Control + Num 7 ).With Num Lock on, a single key press sets and locks any of the 8 different FS views! (Forget the Hat Sw.)Very handy! Works also with multi monitors & triple views- but click on a monitor first to designate focus- then use num KB.Alex Reid

Guest dogknot
JR- here's a real easy way to change views. In KB assignments, change the "Look" assignments to Shift + num KB key. (the default is Control + num KB key).Example- Look Fwd Left : change to Shift + Num 7 (from Control + Num 7 ).With Num Lock on, a single key press sets and locks any of the 8 different FS views! (Forget the Hat Sw.)Very handy! Works also with multi monitors & triple views- but click on a monitor first to designate focus- then use num KB.Alex Reid
january, Good tip. Always good to know how to make changes from both directions. My post above that changes the value 41 to 9 via the fs9.cfg is the process in reverse. Doing it in the KB assignments changes the value in the fs9.cfg to 9.3Green, thanks to you too for the "Alt" key tip in conjunction with the hat switch. I don't know how I ever missed that one in all these years. For me, it will come in very handy.