Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirbusA340300

headset help

i just bought a headset to use when i fly online. but i am having a bit of trouble setting it up so the flight environment sounds come out my speakers and ATC come out the headphones. i am using my mobo sound and have both rear and front panel jacks. any help would be appreciated, thanksadam k

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are only 2 ways to do this. A second sound card, or best option a USB headset, as it will show up as a second sound device . A single sound card cant do it.

There are only 2 ways to do this. A second sound card, or best option a USB headset, as it will show up as a second sound device . A single sound card cant do it.
I use the onboard soundchip of my Asus P5e-VM HDMI motherboard and I can have the sound of a movie delivered through my 5.1 speakerset while it is playing music on my headphones so it seems there are single-soundcard solutions for this. If your soundcard can't do this you may have to a 2nd one. There are USB Audio adapters like this one that can do the trick.Hope this helpsAllard.

I use the onboard soundchip of my Asus P5e-VM HDMI motherboard and I can have the sound of a movie delivered through my 5.1 speakerset while it is playing music on my headphones so it seems there are single-soundcard solutions for this. If your soundcard can't do this you may have to a 2nd one. There are USB Audio adapters like this one that can do the trick.Hope this helpsAllard.
Allard -- how is this done? I couldn't figure it out on my ASUS sound card that came with my MoBo, but I thought I had read somewhere that it's possible. I'm not using a USB headset, rather I have my headset plugged in the front jack and my speakers in the back speaker jack.