Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

FRF-PANCv3 Scenery problem

I have installed the Anchorage AK airport by Wil Morgan but have a flatten problem. I've emailed him and he has tried to fix the issue but is unable to get his program to work. He suggested that I post this on various sites to see if anyone has seen the problem and has corrected it. If you have, I would love to know what I need to do. The lake next to the airport sits on a mound instead of being flat. You can se it toward the back of the photo. Please see the screenie.Thanks for any help.Jim D.

I took a look at the scenery, PANCV4.zip. I don't think there is any problem with this scenery.Do you have any mesh installed? I have the FSG 76m mesh, and it appears that the problem is not PANC, but the default Z41. The elevation of the default is 46.33m, but it appears the actual elevation should be about 22.1m. There's also a little bit of an issue that the lake is created by the default Anchorage photoscenery and doesn't have a flatten under it. Please advise any other scenery installed in the area, including airports, mesh, and terrain such as UT Alaska.scott s..

Scott967,Thanks for your reply. I also posted this in the FS9 forum and N60JBravo replied and provided a flatten file called Lake Hood Flatten which did the trick for my installation. So thanks again.Jim D.

No problem. I took a look at your other post and replies, and found that flatten file. I can see that will fix your issue, though it sets Lake Hood elevation to 46m, while it appears the actual lake elevation should be 21m. The real problem is that the z41 airport is at the wrong elevation as I said. Since you seem to be satisfied with that fix, I will drop it, though I did get z41 to sit properly with some scenery mods.Even if you leave the lake at it's proper elevation, there will still be some issue at the edge of PANC, as FS requires airports to be at a constant elevation, even though real airports are never perfectly flat. so there is a bit of a plateau effect going from PANC elevation down to the lake elevation. It's a trade off every user has to make.scott s..