Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

MD11 Brakes and Anti skid

A quick question for everyone... We all know the friction model in FS9/FSX is rubbish, two way's I used to get around this on the 744 was the use of the modified sim.dll and a payware system called TSR Autobrake running on a networked PC.TSR reads the simulators weather and detects levels of rain, snow, slush and Anti skid failures. I am happy to continue using this guage as before but curious if PMDG added this function to the MD11 or do we still have the same level of braking no matter what the weather conditions like the 744 737.I only ask due to manual braking under dry conditions seem a lot more realistic then the 744 ThanksRobert PrestEDIT - Instead of starting another thread, I posted a little while ago that I was having problems with performance Core2 4ghz win xp pro ATI 4870 512mb Despite having liquid smooth preformance with the 744 - - Well I discovered if I increase the refresh FPS in the PMDG options to max 100 for the VC my performance is is back to being perfect. on the 744 I had to keep it around 30FPS in the PMDG options or I would start to notice a decrease. Can anyone confirm this? I should be seeing a decrease.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My understanding of what a developer mentioned once (and I may have it wrong) is MSFS does not model wx conditions for braking effects. Third party addons are not supported unless specified.FS9 seems to need a framerate limit to work best, exactly what limit to use is probably up to individual system. I am not surprised there is a different "sweet spot" for MD11 than 747 but I can't explain it. The worse thing to do is use unlimited, this will not work as well as a limit that is higher than actual framerates. The unlimited setting may even cause severe sound card performance problems.

Thanks for the reply Dan, as far as reading fs internal weather for brake conditions , some aircraft have got around this FS9 limitation(Freeware Tupolev) TSR Autobrake also achieves this but has to be run as a separate gauge (works well on the 744)Regarding the FPS I am not talking about the FS9 frame rate limiter but the PMDG display refresh in the options menu. FS9 FPS Locked at 30 FPS Specs Core 2 duo E8600 4ghz ATI 512mb 4870 soundcard 128MB soundblaster win xp 2gig ram Perhaps someone could test this... 747-400F PMDG Display refresh rate set to 30FPS 2d and VC -sim is liquid smooth under any conditionsMD11F PMDG Display refresh rate set to 30FPS the sim stutters and performs worse the 747-400F MD11F PMDG Display refresh rate set to 100FPS Sim is liquid smoothThanksRob