Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Anyone know how to resize the ATC window and have it stick?

I prefer to make the ATC window smaller, and so I resize it, then save the flight as a default flight, but when I load the flight the ATC window is back to its original size. I seem to recall a setting somewhere that lets you save window sizes or something, but I'm not seeing it in FSX. Thanks in advance!Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I prefer to make the ATC window smaller, and so I resize it, then save the flight as a default flight, but when I load the flight the ATC window is back to its original size. I seem to recall a setting somewhere that lets you save window sizes or something, but I'm not seeing it in FSX. Thanks in advance!Noel
Hummm....As I recall, when I resized my ATC window and saved the flight as defaul it alwaysopened with my chosen size.Have a look at your default flight FLT file...it can be opened in notepad.Mine has this entry:[Atc_Menu]ScreenUniCoords=0, 576, 2294, 2741UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0Visible=FalseUndocked=FalseTry massaging yours and see what happens. Paul

I WILL NOT use that flippin' little handheld GPS in any aircraft! I just drop the console version into the panel.cfg in it's place[Window02]size_mm=456,378 // << ----------------- INITIAL SIZE. Adjust to personal preference.window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0this is from my imported Eagle II Pitts which, I think, did not have a GPS originally.Works for me; but I also like to make sure my radio and GPS are consistantly Shift 2 and Shift 3 and will reorder them as necessary.Loyd

I WILL NOT use that flippin' little handheld GPS in any aircraft! I just drop the console version into the panel.cfg in it's place[Window02]size_mm=456,378 // << ----------------- INITIAL SIZE. Adjust to personal preference.-SNIP-this is from my imported Eagle II Pitts which, I think, did not have a GPS originally.Works for me; but I also like to make sure my radio and GPS are consistantly Shift 2 and Shift 3 and will reorder them as necessary.Loyd
Apples and Oranges, Loyd.Noel was asking about the ATC window...Air Traffic Control. The one that opens forcommunications with ATC. The default is a rather large window centered in the display.Many, like myself, prefer it to be MUCH smaller and off to one side.The data I posted above in response to Noels query will do the trick. I just verified this... Paul