Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Wilco 777 thoughts?

Guest 413X3

Is it up to the PSS standards even? Just wondering, I really want a good 777 for FSX with a decent VCThanksAlex

I fly the Wilco 777 in Vista 64-bit without any problems. But if you're used to the level of systems modelling in the PSS product then you will be disappointed with the Wilco 777. To be fair, it wasn't marketed as a Pilot In Command product, just a bog standard airliner that you can Control E and get on with (ala CLS). However there is a basic FMC that will get the "job" done. The VNAV is a bit iffy so I don't normally use it.

Guest jaskanFactor

Wilco 777 is only 777 i got, The VC is quite nice, and the sounds are quite good.Compared to the kind of regular crap you get from Abacus, wilco 777 is OK, though its not PMDG. But got a VC youll like to Fly in

Is it up to the PSS standards even?
It is a fairly simply model of a complex airliner, but not without its benefits if that's what you're looking for. The VC relies too much on 2D switches which is a bit disappointing, and the navigational equipment is below standard IMO. Be sure to get the service pack from Wilco if you plan on getting it.

Mike Beckwith

to be honest, i thought the model was pathetic. im always on the look out for a 777 for fsx. havent tried the pss.. but everything abt it was horrible. except for the exterior model. no IRS, no 3d knobs in VC. the fmc is really crappy and unrealisitc. obviously its better than any freeware out there, and all the stock planes in fsx, but i was REALLY disappointed.. i had read a few good reviews abt it. it was a waste of money. i dont think il be investing in wilco again. didnt like the sounds either. replaces them with TSS 767. i was annoyed that i couldnt touch half the buttons in VC mode even autobrakes, and alot of things were missing. but mainly why im giving such a horrible review is probably the fmc. for most ppl it doesnt matter.. for me, a good fmc counts alot. the pmdg md 11 has the BEST fmc thats out there.. followed by pmdg 747 and flight one 767. the only planes i like.. but hey, its just my two cents. ppl love the aerosoft airbus x which doesnt have an fmc at all.. all depends how u fly. if u just wanna sit there, and control the autopilot, then its not a bad plane at all..my question.. how does the pss match against pmdg? or flight one planes? worth buying? or just wait a year for the pmdg 777? (for which id gladly pay 500 dollars of i had to) (no i dont work for pmdg :( )

Along with the CRJ, I put the Wilco 777 as probably one of Wilcos worst addons.When you compare it to the Level-D, PMDG, or even the Wilco Embraer or 737 Pilot In Command, the 777 comes up very short.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

When you compare it [777] to the ... Wilco Embraer or 737 Pilot In Command, the 777 comes up very short.
this is because it was never designed to be a technical simulation. READ the reviews and sales information on the wilco sales page. this is NOT hidden. the 777 and the CRJ are a 'fleet' product designed to be simplistic and good for folks not interested in all the sub-sub-sub systems and being sure that A and B ... F and G cross related and swtched to X, Y, Z cause a sub-fault that means that L is not functioning requiring a reset to Q and R.also ... the CRJ is a FS8 aircraft. if you look at old reviews you are seeing the plane referenced to FS8 and early FS9 models.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/