Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mvwissen

MD-11 FSX bouncing / jumping on ground

Hi all, hi PMDG,Is anyone of you guys experiencing the follow behaviour? After having started the MD-11, it sometimes starts to jump on the ground. It does one single jump just a few inches of the ground or so and you see the touchdown smoke as well, when it hits the ground again. This behaviour continues sporadically. Let's say, maybe 2-4 times a minute. It usually happens when changing views and gets less (I mean 1-2 times every 5 minutes until it disappears most of the times), when remaining in any particular. So, yes, it happens in any of the views and changing them doesn't make things better. Unfortunately, I can't really provide any screenshots, because by the time I hit that 'print screen' button, the airplane is on the ground again. Maybe, I could capture it on video, if I knew how.Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone else experienced this behaviour, cause it's driving me bananas!I have installed FSX SP2 and PMDG MD-11 with the latest patch.Any hints would greatly be appreciated.Thanks and regards,Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all, hi PMDG,Is anyone of you guys experiencing the follow behaviour? After having started the MD-11, it sometimes starts to jump on the ground. It does one single jump just a few inches of the ground or so and you see the touchdown smoke as well, when it hits the ground again. This behaviour continues sporadically. Let's say, maybe 2-4 times a minute. It usually happens when changing views and gets less (I mean 1-2 times every 5 minutes until it disappears most of the times), when remaining in any particular. So, yes, it happens in any of the views and changing them doesn't make things better. Unfortunately, I can't really provide any screenshots, because by the time I hit that 'print screen' button, the airplane is on the ground again. Maybe, I could capture it on video, if I knew how.Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone else experienced this behaviour, cause it's driving me bananas!I have installed FSX SP2 and PMDG MD-11 with the latest patch.Any hints would greatly be appreciated.Thanks and regards,Mark
Ya I had the same problem with the Level-D 767 a while back, as soon as I entered the CI into the fmc all hell broke loose and it started bouncing up and down. Make sure you run FSX as admin. If you cant get rid of it just uninstall and remove everything before you reinstall. Turn anti virus software off. CaptEm

Ya I had the same problem with the Level-D 767 a while back, as soon as I entered the CI into the fmc all hell broke loose and it started bouncing up and down. Make sure you run FSX as admin. If you cant get rid of it just uninstall and remove everything before you reinstall. Turn anti virus software off. CaptEm
I have had this problem several times with other a/c.Sometimes when the a/c is displayed it spins around.I have also had choppers totally out of control and spinning. I have never found out what caused it but I feel it is something to dowith the view changing with the number pad keys. Not very helpful I`am afraid but you are not suffering alone. Could it be in fs9 not loading the Cessna properly to start with? :( Alan

Hi guys, I have the same problem in FSX, while inputing route in fmc, or changing views the aircraft goes crazy. Any solutions yet ??

My suggestion would be to exit FSX, and reboot the computer. Then go back into FSX, set the flight up again and see if it is still bouncing.It is my belief (based on nothing but my belief) that on occasion, FSX's round-earth model, in conjunction with {contact points} will every once in a while get scrambled in the system's memory, with the result being some bouncing and shaking.I have never had it happen that bad with the PMDG MD-11 yet, but I have had it happen with other aircraft a few times. Nothing a Louisville Slugger up side the computer won't fix.