Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ec76

Install Problems

Hello,I recently purchased the PMDG MD-11 and FS2Crew to go with it. After installing both products, I tried to start FS9. Shortly after starting the load, during the splash screen, I get the message "Bad License:Level D B767-300, Flight Simulator will now shut down", followed by "Cannot load PMDGOptions.DLL", then "Cannot load Recorder.DLL" (I have the recorder module installed). Seeing as how I doubt that the PMDG MD-11 install touched the Level-D 767 modules, I can only assume that it has something to do with FS2Crew (I have the 767 FS2Crew as well, actually just about all FS2Crew products). Did something happen involving the new Start Center? My Level-D FS2Crew was up to date prior to this install of the PMDG version.Please help! I can't even start FS9 now at all!Thanks.David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I recently purchased the PMDG MD-11 and FS2Crew to go with it. After installing both products, I tried to start FS9. Shortly after starting the load, during the splash screen, I get the message "Bad License:Level D B767-300, Flight Simulator will now shut down", followed by "Cannot load PMDGOptions.DLL", then "Cannot load Recorder.DLL" (I have the recorder module installed). Seeing as how I doubt that the PMDG MD-11 install touched the Level-D 767 modules, I can only assume that it has something to do with FS2Crew (I have the 767 FS2Crew as well, actually just about all FS2Crew products). Did something happen involving the new Start Center? My Level-D FS2Crew was up to date prior to this install of the PMDG version.Please help! I can't even start FS9 now at all!Thanks.David
Hello David,That's a strange one. FS2Crew MD11 doesn't touch your 767 modules. The Start Center doesn't touch any modules, either.I wish I could give you an answer, but whatever happened to you I don't think is attributable to FS2Crew or I would have heard about this before.I'd also post this in the PMDG support forum. Perhaps someone there has experienced a similar situation, and they can offer some advice.All the best,

Bryan,Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was searching the Level D forum, and it appears that this problem was caused by my McAfee Antivirus being over-zealous. It quarantined a necessary file from the Flight1 wrapper. Thanks for the quick response though!David

Bryan,Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was searching the Level D forum, and it appears that this problem was caused by my McAfee Antivirus being over-zealous. It quarantined a necessary file from the Flight1 wrapper. Thanks for the quick response though!David
Glad you got it resolved.... you really had me scratching my head there!Cheers,