Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check_Airman

MD design philosophy

Hey guys,I recently had a #2 manifold failure in the AIR system. The AIR cue blinked a few times, and a few consequences came up (bottom pic). The controller reconfigured by basically shutting the #2 system down. So far so good, but after the reconfiguration was finished, all the messages disappeared, and the light in the air cue button disappeared (top pic). Had I not noticed the air cue blinking for those few seconds, I would never have known something was wrong until I checked the AIR page. The consequences page and status page were both blank. Selecting tail anti ice had similarly strange effect. The valve opened, but the flow line remained white, and no error message was displayed (2nd pic).Does anybody know why this is so? I thought the system cue button would remain lit to draw attention to the failure. Say you missed it when the cue blinked, how would you know to avoid icing conditions?PaulPS. Does anybody know how to get the forum to upload the pictures in a specific order? It seems to do it randomly. Better still if I found out how to include the pictures in the body of the text.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey guys,PS. Does anybody know how to get the forum to upload the pictures in a specific order? It seems to do it randomly. Better still if I found out how to include the pictures in the body of the text.
Hi!Saving screenies in specific order:1. Upload. 2. Preview your topic after you've finished the upload.3. Cut and paste them, there you wanna have them.(Could be good to have a specific name on diffr pics, easier to know which is which/ Leffe

Hey guys,I recently had a #2 manifold failure in the AIR system. The AIR cue blinked a few times, and a few consequences came up (bottom pic). The controller reconfigured by basically shutting the #2 system down. So far so good, but after the reconfiguration was finished, all the messages disappeared, and the light in the air cue button disappeared (top pic). Had I not noticed the air cue blinking for those few seconds, I would never have known something was wrong until I checked the AIR page. The consequences page and status page were both blank. Selecting tail anti ice had similarly strange effect. The valve opened, but the flow line remained white, and no error message was displayed (2nd pic).Does anybody know why this is so? I thought the system cue button would remain lit to draw attention to the failure. Say you missed it when the cue blinked, how would you know to avoid icing conditions?PaulPS. Does anybody know how to get the forum to upload the pictures in a specific order? It seems to do it randomly. Better still if I found out how to include the pictures in the body of the text.
Paul,It's not MD's design philosophy as it happens here in the simulation.Reproducing this Manifold #2 failure here gives the same sequence of SD's (bottom to top). Another remarkable thing is that When selecting the Air System to Manual, the AIR SYS 2 OFF and its consequences are presented again on the SD.Don't think this is how it should work though.Also think I found what may cause this, by reading the FCOM too literally.FCOM section Alerts Introduction page A.00.1 A.00.2:Level 1 alert> Displayed on the Synoptic, with Flashing Reminder message on EAD> Last sentence in this paragraph states that: "This will display the synoptic and RESET the flashing reminder message".That's true, however:The AIR SYS 2 OFF alert on the SD should NOT be reset.The Flashing reminder message should be reset to a Steady reminder message on the EAD.That's the MD philosopfy.Regards,Harry